1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah things have been a bit confusing lately.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sherlock, Dec 26, 2014.

1. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been posting a lot less lately but I'm still around. *waves*

We're preparing for the Taiwanese equivalent of the SAT here, and have less than forty days to study everything, so I've deliberately tried to ignore gender things and focus on studying. It's not easy.

My hair is growing out-it's still guy hair, generally speaking, but it's too long for me and looks emo somehow. I'll have to get it cut after I'm done with the exams, but I worry about my (potential) medical school interviews which will happen after the exams, in April. I do not plan to come out to the admission committee, because I am quite sure they will not understand, and that my coming out will sabotage my chances of receiving a medical education. I have six shots at normal universities plus an additional military medical school application, and I hope to maximize my chances of getting in. Simply put, I am afraid the professors interviewing me would view me as a lesbian female and focus my entire application around that untrue assumption.

I will wear a normal suit-that's my bottom line. I refuse to wear a dress or skirt. Therefore, I must take measures to minimize their suspicions. What are some things I can do to somewhat appear more gender-neutral and professional at the same time? I want to continue being a normal guy after getting into med school, but I must gain admission first. It sucks. I don't want to fake being a girl.

And not to mention the fact that recently I've developed some kind of autoimmune disease. The rheumatologist doesn't know what it is yet, and I'm now on a prescription of colchicine and plaquenil for god knows how long.

Other than that, things are going fairly well. All I do is study these days.:icon_wink

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

they'll be lucky if they some day get you as a doctor in Taiwan. you will be able to be such a great help to people who are dealing with these same struggles!