1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrist irritation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zaio, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC,

Lately when I play my Xbox 360 for a while (which is usually how it goes down), my wrists will become rather irritated, there is no actual pain, but I am very aware of my arteries and veins during this time.

I've noticed it's only in my right wrist, and has always been. I can clench my fist properly in my left hand completely normally, but when I do it in my right there is a tingling sensation in one of the arteries that just grosses me out, then after that's over, with my fist still clenched I am very aware of a sensation in my veins/arteries that feels as though they are weak.

I would REALLY like some help with this because I've almost thrown up numerous occasions due to this. I really cannot stand feeling anything inside my body, it grosses me out so much, especially when it's to do with veins and arteries.

Does this sound like anything or just over exacerbated? If there is anything I can do about this I would like to know, or any further questions you guys have.

All the best.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I Google'd your symptoms and I came up with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

This is what it says: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which there is pressure on the median nerve -- the nerve in the wrist that supplies feeling and movement to parts of the hand. It can lead to numbness, tingling, weakness, or muscle damage in the hand and fingers.

I don't think it's a problem with your veins. It could be pressure on the median nerve. I think the reason you feel it might be your veins is because you can actually see your veins, and the irritating feeling is coming from the same spot of your veins. I also think you might be a bit grossed out with the thought of having an irritated vein/artery. The thought of that even makes me sick. :x

If the pain is unbearable, then I would go see a doctor.

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hmm I looked that up on the NHS earlier and I'm not too sure if I have that... I've had this before in the past and have gone years without it, there has never been any actual pain, and I'm pretty sure if I had CTS I should have experienced some pain by now.

I've never experienced pain and I don't think I've ever experienced tingling, I have experienced brief tickling sensations in the past, but I think that's just environmental factors. The only symptom I have is weakness, which probably is the cause of being aware of the veins/arteries. I've never had any problems with my fingers or thumbs either, it is literally just my wrist.

I'm hoping it's just due to weights and wrist stress for Xbox, but I ask because I've had this in the past when I never used to lift weights.

I never suspected it was a problem with my veins or arteries, I just can't stand feeling them or the thought of them, it's just my veins/arteries, other people's don't gross me out at all. Because they feel weak I of course feel them, and can't stand it.

All the best.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you might be putting too much strain on your wrist from playing the Xbox. It could be that you're putting too much stress on your tendons. You should try resting your hand a bit and see if that helps. Though, I'm sure you probably won't like that idea if you're a hardcore gamer. I love video games and I would hate it if I were limited due to an issue such as this. >_<

5. Gen

Gen

The stress on the viens is actually very common when your hands are recieving a lot of stress. The wrists seems a bit odd though, as you shouldnt be using too much of it when you are using your controller. Its important that when you are using your controller, playing games, that you stay relaxed. This can help not only with your wrist, but with anything else experiencing stress. Try to keep your wrists rested on something(Legs, something on your lap, etc), and your hands as relaxed as possible.

Granted, the best thing to do is to not play as much if it is causing stress. Though we tend to ignore our bodies so its best that if you are going to continue to play, you minimize the suffering.

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Thanks for the responses, I have been in bed the past 30 hours or so due to a terrible migraine, so I'm wondering if this could have been a sign of an onset of a migraine? Now that I am feeling a little better (although still bad), the irritation has gone and there is no further irritation while gaming.

I find this rather odd though because I wouldn't think these 2 things could be related.

All the best.