1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you prefer your partner to be the same ethnicity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Minx

I've never really given it much thought. Ethnically, Caucasian men seem to be the only ones interested in me, and in turn they tend to catch my eye more often.

In the end I wouldn't prefer if my partner is the same ethnicity as me, as long as they loved me for me and not our mutual, or differing ethnic backgrounds. :slight_smile:

2. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm black and I prefer white men. I least prefer my own ethnicity. Mainly because of growing up white people were always nice and accepting of me and made me feel good to be myself. While blacks did the opposite. I also have a strong preference towards Indian men.

3. Magenta Mucus

I am Caucasian, I would probably only have sex with white, hispanic, asian (sometimes) and certain mixed races. I vastly prefer Latino guys of around 19-24 though; they look prettiest to me. Or someone with Christiana Ronaldo's face structure, whatever god he was made of.

I don't mean to be racist, please don't take it as offending.

#83 Magenta Mucus, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not racism, unless you hate the unpreferred race. There's nothing wrong with have your preferences... although you'll be surprised at how you can see someone of a different race (that you wouldn't normally prefer) and think that they're the sexiest thing you've seen all day.

Coming from an Asian, it's OK. I wasn't offended.

#84 Steve FS, Dec 19, 2015
  5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm half black and half white. I live a predominantly white area. I think that's sort of the reason my general preference would be white people. Closely followed by Asian people. Then like... All other types of people I suppose. But I like a bit of mixture cos I guess I can relate to that. And I like darker haired white people rather than blonde people. I guess I just want someone a bit like me -someone a little darker but with a white social background. But this is just like "my type" theoretically. There are people of all races I find attractive and I can't think of anything worse than discounting a partner due to race.
    (BTW, when I say white, as an English person rather than an American, an olive-skinned person is still sort of part of this category as caucausian, cos I don't really understand where you guys draw the line of "Hispanics")

#85 SHACH, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do have a question for those that have a strong preference for certain races.

Say you were to meet someone who was not your preferred race, but you did find them attractive. There are black people who do look like they have germanic features, or asians who look slightly black, or even people who are biracial.

Would you discount them just because of their race, despite you finding them physically attractive?

Perhaps the issue isn't race, but of who you find physically attractive. Perhaps you find people of a certain race more attractive, but that doesn't mean you won't ever find someone from another race attractive?

I feel like if you do find someone attractive of an unpreferred race, but you still wouldn't date them because of where they come from, then you may have some internal racism going on.

I don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly, it really depends on the person, I have preferences that are based on what "the average person X ethnicity looks like". I don't really see any differences between ethnicity... It's just a matter of looks in the end.

8. rudysteiner

I have no preference on the race/ethnicity of my partner, but I will say that the differents in culture would take a little getting used to, providing they kept up with it. I love learning about new cultures though so I'd embrace it.

9. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest i wouldn't really mind; all ethnicities have their advantages (tan ,height etc. So i definately wouldn't give someone the cold shoulder for their race.

10. headsup1958

To me it doesn't matter. What matters to me in a partner is the size of his heart, his depth of character, and his capacity for empathy. His race or ethnicity matters not one iota.

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I'd be pretty much out of luck if I did.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2015 at 11:57 PM ----------

:thumbsup:

12. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    if i was attracted to a member of my least preferred race, then i would be attracted. but the attraction would likely be much lesser than an attraction to someone of my preferred race. it has nothing to do with racism.

13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    But the question is, would you not get in a relationship with them because they happen to be of your least preferred race, despite you finding them attractive?

#93 Steve FS, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

A relationship is more than just finding someone attractive. Whether I get with them depends not so much on that as on having compatible personalities. ALthough I dont want to make it sound like sexual attraction and personality are seperate things, either one is part of the other.

15. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *shrugs*. I like everything.

16. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, white boys I prefer. But they have to have a great personality and not a fuckboy. And you know why you can't get women.

17. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All that matters is he hot!!!
    But some nation have a higher percentage of hot guys than others. Mixed "race" guys are inclined to be hotter than most.
    But that is just my personal opinion.

18. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I agree with you on the mixed thing! Wonder if that is nature's message to expand the gene pool <3

19. lovetoomuch

I would 100% percent someone of a different race if I find him attractive. I tend to be attracted to white males, so typically, that is who I see myself with. But it all comes down to who I find attractive.
    If I found an Asian, African American, Spanish, or a man of another race attractive, his race would not stop me from dating him. But the chances of that seem less likely since I am attracted to white guys most times.

20. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to be most attracted to fair skinned guys, but can look at a guy of any ethnicity and find him attractive. And that's only based on looks.