1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date someone who was a dick to your friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, May 6, 2008.

?

Would you date someone who was a dick to your friends?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    87.2%
  1. Paralyzer

Yup
    The honest truth is sometimes I'm a dick to my friends too so w/e
    Haha.. I'm horrible

A while ago I'd defend my friends over anything.. but they've done so much stuff that I'm not fond of that now I really don't care. Let's just say cupid is blind..

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

I had fun saying that French phrase over and over. It doesn't have the same ring to it in English :slight_smile:

But, no. I wouldn't date somebody who doesn't get along with my friend's it'd be awkward.

3. Jonathan

Nope, I wouldnt date someone if they were mean to my friends.

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^^- That sums it. They don't have to like my friends, but should at least be civil.

5. Nodnarb

Definately not. Like Lex said, even if you don't like them, have enough respect to be civil.

6. davo-man

I cannot believe no one has brought this in:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OFpu0ROaPLQ[/YOUTUBE]

"If you wanna be my lover, You gotta get with my friends, Make it last forever, Friendship never eeeeends"

No, I could never have a boyfriend who was a dick to my friends, I love them WAY too much. I would feel like I was betraying them, and I can see it as a quite way to lose a lot of friends....Plus, why would he be a dick to my friends?...They're AWESOME

This also reminds me of Janeene from Friends (hopefully at least one person on here will remember why)

7. pirateninja

It depends what you mean.

I agree with Lex, though. They may not have to be best buddies themselves, but if they can be civil to them and not plain rude, I would be happy with that. I don't think I could cope with constant bitching or complaining about them behind their back though. They wouldn't have to like them, but if they could get along reasonably well, then that would be okay.

But as someone has said, if it came down to it, it's bros before hos.

8. Hepcat

Nope, I can't imagine myself dating someone who was cruel to my friends.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No. He would have to get along with, or at least accept and be pleasant to, my friends. Love is important, but not so important as to cause problems with friends.

10. I love my friends, but i could see myself getting caught up and this happening :frowning2:
    Its not a good thing, but i'm not gonna deny that it could happen, Besides my main reason for dating them is how they treat me.

11. sayitforreals

Well, to be perfectly honest I am going to choose my friends over a significant other. My friends were there before, and will be there afterward, so if they are a dick to my friends they will get an ear full. If it doesn't stop, well things probably wont work out. If they were a dick prior to a relationship, then i probably wouldn't like them to begin with, so it wouldn't be relevant.

I really don't think I would be happy unless my significant other is friends with my friends though. I would get too stressed out sorting out when and what Im doing with who. I would like it a lot more if we could all just be together. Not all the time, but as a general rule. I don't suppose this is necessary though, just a preference.

#31 sayitforreals, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  12. Micah

Absolutely not.

Your friends come before any love interest, as they're the ones who'll be comforting you when you break up with him :wink:

13. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

No. I value my friends... and family more than anything. If anyone's being an ass to them, I just have this rage that burns in me and I really just want to land a punch to them...

14. I could never date somebody who was rude to my friends. Ever.

15. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I had this song stuck in my head all day yesterday! One of my friends played this at his iPod and it just got stuck in my head. It was annoying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And the worst part is that I've never heard the song where the Spice Girls sang it, and I knew the lyrics the first time I listened to it... haha

16. Wired106

Ya I'd have to say it depends lol. Thats an asshole move Iknow but the thing is that, a lot of my friends are like homophobic which is why I can't come out. If they can't support me or at least accept then then screw that. I do know some people that would be totally cool with it but I'm like stressing out not being able to tell anyone and I think having a bf would make stuff easier for me and let me be able to come out even if they were a bitch to my friends. Just listen to this... A few of my friends told people I was gay when I didn't even come out and it's happened twice! So they arn't really good friends, I know that but I go to an all guys school so what am I to suspect. But ya I think I would go out with a guy that was a mean to my friends because a lot of my friends are homophobic like I said, and it would help me come out. I would probably try to keep him away from my friends though because I wouldn't want all the drama and arguments going on.

17. ethene

18. lovelessdominic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No. I have watched friendships ruined, and hearts broken one too many times to let THAT happen.

19. TyraBanksIsFierce

If said dick was named Tyra Banks then my friends could just piss off. lol.

20. OneHatMadder

It depends on how bad he was and how my friends react to it.