1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date someone who is from an "anti-LGBT" culture?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Jan 6, 2016.

1. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't see why not? Ideally it would be the best if his mum and I could have tea together sometimes. Talk, you know, the normal things that people do. However if he has a homophobic family who comes from a very anti-lgbt community, it would be quite stressful because I really appreciate harmony within the family. If I can't have that, at the least I have my partner.

Usually I think it is more tense for the person who is associated with anti-lgbt family members or community. If he values his family that much, it might come to the point where he has to select and I never wish that upon anyone but if it does happen then I just don't know what to do. Ultimately, it is his choice. I am not willing to stay on for so long and it can be very stressful unless he deals and comes to terms with the effects of his actions. So sad but it is a reality for a few.

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's not like I'll be living with them. If they're homophobic trash I won't spend any time with them, and if that is somehow a problem with my boyfriend I'll break up with him. I'm fine with compromising or even making a few sacrifices but I don't have any time for dragging pure dead weight around