1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date a friend in this situation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jsmurf, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jsmurf

Assume the person you're infatuated with is the premier example of an unrequited love, and they have many qualities that you couldn't find in others.... If they then admit to you that they'd agree to consider going beyond the "friendzone" and view you in possibly romantic terms if you lost a lot of weight? Once you achieve your weight loss goals, do you then let them come on to you if they do, or play the vindictive card and say, "You had your chance, I'll find someone better?" even though in your heart you wanted them all along?

#1 jsmurf, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. jsmurf

No takers? Makes sense, I'm just a worthless bag of shit after all.

3. Really

I don't think you're worthless. I think what you're describing is a chance at conditional love. Wouldn't you rather have unconditional love? If you want to lose weight, do it for yourself not someone else. Actually, don't think of it as losing weight. Pick some other goal - like improving your cardio or strength or picking up some sport/game skills. The weight will sort itself out.
    Let someone love you from the inside out.

4. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Dude, nvr try to please someone else by attempting to change any aspect of yourself at their behest.
    If they even have a prerequisite theyre not good enough for you . I'm as superficial sometimes as the next mofo but F no man . When I read this ......nah, man.

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2014 at 06:05 PM ----------

There is no Fkn panhandle in Idaho , no way! I'm jus Sayn

5. scub

I can understand how you feel, and no you aren't worthless.
    from my experience, sometimes the most beautiful people on the outside are the ones to stay away from. i know someone who is drop dead gorgeous, yet i could never be with this person because inside they are rotten and unattractive. i believe the best way to love and care for someone is from the inside out.

so lets say you do go ahead and decide to lose some weight, what happens down the road if/when you end up gaining weight, is this person going to threaten to leave you? what happens in long term relationships when people change (they age, and lets face it, they don't look like when you first met) they are still the same person and *most* people will still love and want to be with that person no matter what.

if you want to change, do it for yourself first. if they can't accept the way you look, move on to someone that will love you from the inside.

6. Blossom85

I think don't do something for someone else, don't change yourself for someone else.. That sounds like a shallow person to say they would date you if you lost weight.. If you wanna lose weight for the right reasons, because you want to be healthy and get in shape.. But please don't ever change yourself in anyway inside or out for someone else.. I would say, "You had your chance when I was bigger, you didn't want me then, so tough luck". And never look back.

7. shinji

shinji Guest

A year ago when i weighed ~308 pounds, i "started" to lose weight with a similar mindset. Now, after losing almost half of the weight, i don't even feel attracted to the guy who "made" me start losing weight in the first place.

I mean, once you start looking hot, you kind of come to the realization that... you could do better, you deserve better! The mind "changes" with the body, if that makes sense... I don't know how much you like this guy, but... is it possible you are "limiting" yourself?

Anyway, this guy you are describing sounds like a douche. Wouldn't bother with him, but it is a good idea to work on losing weight, for yourself! Also, there is a chance he actually told you this to "let you off" easy.

And yes, i'd totally go "vengefull" on him. Bastard deserves it...

8. jsmurf

Thanks guys.

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2014 at 07:31 AM ----------

Ha, there actually is.