1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would u rather be bisexual then gay/lesbian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swapnil, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nth'd

2. Dalmatian

^ (N+1)thed :grin:

I've spent at least ten and probably twenty years of my life torturing myself over sexuality. And now people can't really grasp it. You know how it goes, the first question after coming out to someone is usually "How do you know?" and the second is something like "Don't you get attracted to girls at all?". Well, I don't.

As BudderMC put it, no offense, but sexually I am repulsed by women. I like women, they can be good people :slight_smile: but not one has ever as much as caused a second glance from me*. And I find it annoying that wherever you look there are half naked, heavily made-up women.

Now, as for the question of changing preferences, I don't know what to say. I don't know what it would feel like to be attracted by women. In a very simple, near-sighted way, it would be nice to not be gay and live a "normal" life. But that's a very banal view and as I said, near-sighted bordering to blind.
    In any case, I do believe that what I am are my memories and emotions. If either would change that would not be me, just someone who looks like me.
    So, no, thanks, I don't want any treatment, be it medical, voodoo or hypothetical :slight_smile:

* this is not strictly true because it happens from time to time that I wrongly recognize someone's gender as male; but I think that just goes to strengthen my point

3. Tim

Tim

^ That. Except for the 21 years thing. xD I did have a crush on a girl when I was a kid, but I just chalk that up to being raised in a decently religious setting where the church would teach us gays burn in hell, etc.

Honestly, I can't answer this question.

I want to say yes because then I wouldn't have to pre-judge someone based on their gender when it comes to dating.

However, I'm gay. Women completely gross me out, on a sexual level. (Though, ironically, the girls who think they can cross personal boundries with touching/getting way too close BECAUSE I'm gay are probably the cause of that over time, lol.) Where I volunteer at the desk, all but 1 other person at the Front Desk have been female. Most of the younger (in their 20s) women always "assume" I'm gay, and somehow get it brought up in conversation. As soon as it's brought up (they're surprisingly sneaky, I try to avoid bringing up my sexuality there, even though there's many LGBT volunteers and staff there) they all of the sudden go from staying in their chair a few feet away from me to scooting in as close as they can to talk to me. Most of my female friends in High School would start changing in front of me like it was no big deal after I came out to them. It was like "I still don't want to invade your personal space, and I would assume you'd do the same for me." but they don't see it like that.

So, I'll answer the topic with... no.

When my depression really starts causing me issues to the point I sit in my bed trying not to break, I'll often go through in my head how I should just be with a woman, as it'd make everything so much easier. But obviously, once my head clears, I feel horrible for even thinking that, just because A. It's not a mindset I should be in. B. It makes me feel like I'm devaluing other people, even if that doesn't make sense.

So yea. I'll just stick with no. Why?

Because I'm gay. I have no idea what it's like to be bisexual, just like the bisexual people here have no idea what it's like to be completely gay. This is one of my biggest peeves with the "Everyone is a little bisexual." No. Not everyone is you. Just because you see things one way doesn't mean everyone does. I can't see life through your eyes, and you can't see it through mine. So saying something like fact when it's not is just a pet peeve of mine.

#43 Tim, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. krichards

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Listen...............there's another category ..............I'm "bi-curious" meaning I am basically heterosexual and Str8 ...............however occasionally I have a kinky desire to play with another guy's cock -- don't want to kiss him, nor have a romantic relationship -- just an occasional need........that's it!

5. Friendly ghost

It wouldn't bother me either way, but I think I would have had a lot harder time coming to terms with it. Only because I think it would have been more confusing to me personally. Plus I like having strictly platonic relationships with girls, it wouldn't make a difference I'm sure, but in my head it makes me a lot more comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem dating someone who was bisexual though.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am happy being gay. I originally thought that I was bi, then I accepted myself as bi. Only after I had gone through all of that did I realize that I was gay..

So.. my answer to the question is no. I am ok with being gay. I don't want to go through all the questioning again (nothing against bisexuals).

7. Aeon Magus

" Would u rather be bisexual then gay/lesbian? "

No.