1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would like a girlfriend

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Penpal

I think you are all very sensible and very right. My husband left in April and everything is still such a mess. I do need to sort things out. I guess I'm just at the point where I need some happiness in my life for me! My life is all about making others happy at the moment and I don't begrudge that I'm just tired of being the one left without happiness. I can wait!

The group I joined don't go around waving rainbow flags but most are open about their sexuality. They know my situation and are lovely with me. It is obvious they are gay so if I'm seen by people in my town they will know. That's very much my problem and not theirs. They are all so lovely and happy. One day I hope to join them in being so confident.

2. Molly1977

Hello,

Another issue is the people you are meeting. If you are not meeting many gay women then there are not very many opportunities for a relationship. Its all very well being out an open about your sexuality but if you are still the only gay person then you are still on your own.

i really do think you need to sort out the divorce first then make more effort for a relationship, i don't think you will have the time to devote to a relationship if you are still sorting everything else out.

I understand the loneliness i very much feel the same way and also want a relationship, but they do say that these things happen at the time you least expect it. I do think something will happen when you are concentrating on something else.