1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would God really want that?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noah27, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I just have a few Bible verses I am sure you are aware of, but that might help sort out your feelings if you give them some thought.

"We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us. God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him."
    -John 4:16

"If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
    -1 Corinthians 13:1-8,9

Look, you worship a God who is love and whose greatest gift to humanity is the ability to love. I am not a Catholic, but I used to be and I know that homosexual relations are against official Catholic doctrine. (Although you could find many priests who might disagree with that.) However, even when I was Catholic I could never really convince myself that a God whose biggest gift was love would forcibly deny any of his people the ability to share fully in that gift by making them homosexual and then denying them the ability to love another person completely.

Just my two cents. :slight_smile:

2. Noah27

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree 100% with what Messed Up said my question was "Would God really want that?" not "Does God excist?" because I for one belive and love God. And like I respect your decision to not belive in God Austin you should respect mine to belive in him.

But I made this question because I was just confused with all that the Priest and all that the Bible said. But with all the information givin to me I can honestly say that Iam not as confused as I was before. Because before all I could hear before was "God loves everyone of his children...except for homosexuals, People that have sex before they get married, men that have sex with women when they are on there period, etc" And in true I did feel like an abomination like the loneliness and the emocional suffiring was all something I brought onto myself. I also thought of that saying "God gives you what you CAN handle" and I remember staying up at night asking God to just make this stop I felt like(And still do sometimes) I was on an emotional rollercoaster. I would say "God I know you are giving me what you think I can handle and I appreciate the flattery but Iam not as strong as you think iam" and I also thought that all that sad stuff was just God telling me "Being gay is wrong so till you get it iam going to make your life and emocional hell" but now I belive that God whats me to live and find love be it with a man or a woman. So now what iam going to do is try to be the best human being I can because just because Iam gay that does not mean that Iam a demon and just because the Bible says Iam going to hell for being gay that does not mean that Iam going to drag everyone around me down with me. And hell if in the end I do end up in hell just because Iam gay I know Iam going to see everyone I love there with me because...they all love shrimp :lol:

3. CharmanderGato

Alabama (a very closed-minded, bigoted town)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    lol :slight_smile: way to look at it! they all love shrimp, so everybody'll be there... But i'm glad to hear you are happy with your decision. haha just think, if i hadn't replied and that guy hadn't explained that to me we might have forgotten all about the shrimp.

And I read through leviticus, and i was actually having a hard time... the way i interpretted it, it was very vague about homosexuality, and seemed more heavily focused on the other simple things... oh well :grin:

4. Mogget

Noah, since you're Catholic, you may be interested in these articles.

5. Ridiculous

[​IMG]
    Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal

6. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

"God I know you are giving me what you think I can handle and I appreciate the flattery" That made me LOL I swear

"but Iam not as strong as you think iam" YES you are...stronger, in fact.

"So now what iam going to do is try to be the best human being I can"
    That's all that matters.

"And hell if in the end I do end up in hell just because Iam gay I know Iam going to see everyone I love there with me because...they all love shrimp" You should be a comedian :grin:

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    how do you know?

8. crazyhead

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Gay people can live happily ever just like straight people if people like him would stop trying to change us. Any change done to homosexuals only changes their behavior. The tendencies are still there, the only difference is now they hate themselves enough to feel too guilty to act on it. If there were a god, he would not want any of his children to hate themselves no matter how much he hated their sin.
    While we're on sin: same-sex relations were only banned in the bible because there was no way of preventing desease back then. Now there is, so it's irrelevant.
    I live a happy life where I help others. If that's not good enough for god, I did my best.

9. Noah27

Out Status:
    Some people
    Now thats what Iam talking about :eusa_clap

Iam happy I made you laugh :icon_wink Oh and your post along with some others were the ones that opened my eyes thanks kiddo (*hug*)

Yeah then my joke would not have worked :icon_bigg and thanks for posting if it wasnt for you everyone else might not of posted thanks (*hug*)

I loved it all and you just keep putting your two cents in it because I know there are people out there including me that appreciate it thanks (*hug*)

But for real thank you to eveyone that posted they all helped me alot...hell more then you might ever know. And I love everyone on this websight you guys have helped me with almost all of my gay related questions and for that you guys desirve a pize so tada a dancing banana just for you (!) Love yall (&&&)

10. CharmanderGato

Alabama (a very closed-minded, bigoted town)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yay! We helped! :slight_smile:

11. Noir

I'm still new to the site, but I'll add my two cents if you wanna listen! ^-^

See, if all that were true, fish would have feet--which they don't. XD

I'm another category of Christianity--Lutheran. Martin Luther is my hero! He basically went against all the traditional junk that didn't make sense that your priest was telling you about. He wrote a book called "Faith Alone" and taught the philosophy that anyone can get into Heaven as long as they have faith. Martin Luther got in trouble A LOT with the authorities for his beliefs, but he believed it was silly to buy your way into heaven, that the man who kills himself isn't anymore unworthy of Heaven than the man who's stabbed in the woods, and that God is more loving and forgiving than people were giving him credit for. The church was the only one allowed to interpret the Bible, and Martin didn't even see a Bible until he was twenty years old! He is most famous for writing out his own interpretations that questioned the current religion and nailed them to the church's front door. His ninety five theses were sent to the pope as well as a copy of a Bible that Martin had translated into the common language so that everyone could read it and interpret the meaning themselves.

I think Lutherans are the form of Christianity that most supports the LGBT community, and I've made myself feel a lot better and sure of my identity by reading the Bible myself and forming my own interpretations. It says specifically that anyone can be accepted by God as long as they believe, but I haven't found a line yet where it specifically says that homosexuality is wrong. So I try not to worry about it and just pray for guidance when needed and throw in a thank you when it's due.

Sorry if I sounded all preachy:eusa_pray--I'm actually not that religious. I haven't gone to church for over ten years because the people were really just awful, but I've been curious about the same issues you have so I did some digging. It's always better to do your own research, right? XD

12. Connor22

Just my two pennies, if I was the devil, that's exactly how I would want you to feel, as though you are alone and an abomination etc etc yadda yadda yadda. Fact is, we weren't made to be any of those aformentioned words because we weren't made by the devil, thank God. Just a thought :slight_smile:

13. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Noir.... your quite right there... Jesus stated that EVERYONE is welcome in Heaven, as long as they believe in HIM and life a righteousness life and walk the path with HIM.

I am a strong believer in God and Jesus. I just do not believe the crap they tell you in churches. They are misleading the people and lie to them. search for the book of Marry K Baxtor... the "True Revelations of Heaven and Hell" in the bookshop or on youtube. There are many people like her all over the world. Listen or read what she has to tell and open your eyes.

As for the catholics... well I'll just stop there, if you read the book or listen to the Youtube videos then your eyes will open to what is going on.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2011 at 07:55 PM ----------

AMEN brother AMEN!!!!!!!!!

14. Noir

I'll have to take a look!

15. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    here is the link to you tube video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZxGEdHXBg[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

there are people who was catholic who went through exactly the same experience and afterwards denounced the catholic faith.

other people who were not Christian at all and afterwords preached the true Word!