1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would appreciate your advice - sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Leonardo, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Warning – I think this is quite confusing, but would like your help. Plez :grin:

Okay, so here is my situation:

I can appreciate complete strangers as attractive and (very very very) rarely be attracted to them too.

Other than that, I don’t experience sexual attraction other than towards who I trust and like extremely well. I can’t usually be sexually attracted to someone who I feel has a “bad” personality or I don’t like.

I can appreciate attractiveness in other people as well but don’t usually feel attracted to them… if that makes sense.

I identified as pansexual, but I don’t feel attraction to girls very often. I THINK this is because the girls I know offline can be very shallow and vain. That means that I find it difficult to be sexually attracted to them, because I am “turned off” by their personality.

But… because the experience of attraction is so very rare, I question my sexuality. Am I just gay? Am I polysexual? Am I demisexual? Am I all of them?! Am I just this weirdo guy?

I know, I know, labels are unhealthy, but they comfort me. And not knowing scares me.
    I’d really appreciate EC’s wisdom :3

2. LimitedClear

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This all sounds very very familiar to me. And I thiiink it's closest to Demi. I can tell when someone is attractive, but don't want to sleep with them unless I feel a strong emotional bond. For a while I thought I was asexual. But now I don't know. There is probably a difference between the frequency you and I experience sexual attraction, but it sounds like the same general spectrum. And I think if we wanted to label it, 'Demi' might be the most accurate label at the moment.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Why are people getting this idea that labels are bad, and unhealthy honestly ?:confused:
    Ok I can get that the way some people use them are bad but where are people getting this from :confused:.

Anyway I think the label you picked for yourself is probably, just about right plus it's the company; Your keeping your not around women with the nicest personality ,but If I was around the same women you described I would feel asexual .