1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst way to die?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dakeli27, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is waking up suffocating and hearing a voice say you're going to Hell. That's how I woke up yesterday. Thankfully, this is rare nowadays. I'm not fearless. I simply find most things in life to be a joke in comparison. I've actually lived with one of my worst fears and let's just say our brains are amazing at adapting. I'm fascinated by morbid stuff. I think it is healthy that we are aware of morbid stuff and study it. Just don't obsess over it if you can help it.

Suffocation reminds me of the Black Hole of Calcutta. Burning reminds me of the witch hunting hysteria. Personally, I find the smoke scary.

I've read about Fatal familial insomnia. Yes, it would be awful. Forgive me, but I think I'd kill myself because I hallucinate real bad without sleep. You might also be interested in googling Lazarus syndrome because it goes so well with being buried alive. Locked-in syndrome is another bastard of a condition you could research.

My greatest realistic fear is a tsunami. You cannot stop a huge wall of water from advancing. It doesn't matter what you do because you are f**ked. I cannot imagine anything worse than seeing an extremely terrifying death approaching and knowing it is the end for sure. I can handle looking at pictures of it on the internet, but that took a while.

How about a radiological attack? It causes radiation poisoning. There are these, uh, portable things, and it can be done on a small scale such as a house. The threat is enough to scare the pants off entire communities. People panic like an inquisitor is coming to town. It causes chaos and large scale suffering.

What about anesthesia awareness with the operation failing? That's waking up paralyzed during surgery and nobody notices. It would be nasty feeling every incision. Indeed, the people that survive sometimes commit suicide because they remember it and they're traumatised. I heard about in the news and naturally researched it.

Perhaps being slowly lowered feet first into a pen of starving pigs? Pigs are omnivores. I think they have rounded teeth, so it would take a while. The victim would die of blood loss long before getting chewed up to the stomach. Yeah, military interrogation techniques and I know psychological torture > physical torture.

Or maybe the good old being tortured to death in the basement of a deranged killer? The best techniques depend on the victim's fears. Also, switching up techniques because of desensitisation. That will cause the most pain and fear. Everyone breaks eventually.

2. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Besides what people have already listed I would say freezing to death would be pretty bad. Also any bad disease, I struggle with having the flu.

3. horrors

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to take a different approach to the question. I don't really have an opinion on the worst way to die, death doesn't scare me, nor does the process of. That being said, I think the worst way to die would be dying in a state of dissatisfaction. Dying with regret, dying with words left unsaid etc.

4. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Either alone, or feeling alone.

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it also depends on the current and voltage :confused:

Happy days :slight_smile:

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I once visited a friend's daughter in the psych ward of a hospital. She was heavily drugged of course, but came out with some amazingly insightful and lucid statements, one of which was "I'm not afraid of dying; I'm afraid of living without caring (about oneself, or others)". She's awesome, and incidentally, in a kind of half-way house now, finding her feet again on the outside. :slight_smile:

7. Hexagon

I think it's worth noting that I think all or most of the things we find painful in small doses, like minor burns and cuts, etc, wouldn't necessarily increase exponentially in pain the more severe they got. The worst pain I've experienced was a burn, so its easy to think burning to death would be the worst way to die, but soon enough the nerve endings burn up.

8. sammy1

Yah me too! Or drowning is a pretty scary one too but I think not as bad as the two u listed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Radiation sickness, on the periphery of a thermonuclear bomb attack that destroyed all the care facilities in the area. Is that morbid enough for this morbid thread? If not, listen to this famous video quote from J Robert Oppenheimer about the Manhattan Project bomb test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixb7MdeR8yU

Hug someone you love, and think instead about the "Best Way to Live".

10. mangotree

Surprised no one has posted this yet.
    They all seem pretty horrible.

[YOUTUBE]IJNR2EpS0jw[/YOUTUBE]

11. stormborn

from the perspective of the one dying... being murdered or tortured to death would be the worst, imo. the fear that would be accompanied by it would be worse than anything else i can imagine. and there's all the stuff a captor could do to you that doesn't necessarily kill you... :/

but if we look at it as someone around us dying... i'd say suicide would be the worst way to die. or a disease like alzheimer's.

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the same way!

When I first saw this thread, I though of drowning or being burnt alive. Then I saw all the comments and have to agree with buried alive. Things like Alzheimer's are a pretty sad way to go too :frowning2:

13. deadman1204

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd have to say being eaten alive.
    I used to have nightmares about it as a kid.