1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about online dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's some site!

"Guess who likes you! Pay up or you'll be alone forever!"

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol this is the second one that did that to me . But i'm not paying just to talk , plus she lives way to far and so those the other two girls that are interested which sucks :icon_sad:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sucks...I found one girl I liked online when I looked who was close to me, and she's still over an 4 hours away!

My best friend seems to think that he will be able to help me get a boyfried...I'm not sure, but I hope he's right...

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The one girl i really likes lives few hours away from me i put i'm interested in you to her profile but she doesn't seem to like me much because i'm femme . I think i might try other sites because i'm not paying just to talk to someone

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Poor stocking! /hug

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hugs back (*hug*):tears:

7. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

Yeah, that's the problem about dating sites; unable to read/send a message unless you upgrade. Although I don't trust upgrading, because you never know that dating sites will seriously screw up your credit card (heard horrifying stories from victims of that) :frowning2:
    Plus, the way most dating sites wanted members to upgrade by paying, it's not fair paying for love, right? Like when people met their partner in person rather than online, obviously they never paid for looking for love. With dating sites? It's just bullshit the way they wanted money from members :frowning2:
    So yeah, I understand you. I've never been with a lesbian in my life, and I've been single waaay to long so I do feel depressed and lonely :frowning2: I'm in the exact same situation as you are :frowning2:

#27 Pikachu007, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It seems worst for gays and lesbians than straight folks because I've also read online about a lot of lesbians being ripped off and some times the people their talking to turn out to be guys
    I'm gonna try another site

#28 stocking, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  9. MightNeedThis

I always do two things before I meet someone, the most important one would be video chatting. Those are a bit harder to fake and people are typically understanding. I blame it on watching too much Catfish, and people normally get a chuckle out of it.

But another thing I do to be safe is use google voice for texting/phone calls. Essentially it's a fake number, you can download the app or use the website, and the fake number syncs up with your phone so you can text or call through there and they don't have to know until later [if ever] that you gave them a fake number, just to they can't track you down too easily :wink: the only issue is that it doesn't get pictures, but you can lie your way out of that.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that's great idea I will do that but i think i will get a cell phone first I don't want them calling my house phone my mom will get suspicious . I normally make my female friends call when my mom is not home because she listens to our chat .

11. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

can i join in the group hugs too? (&&&) :rolle:

well i sort of dated a girl from england once, online, and another one from canada well it is kinda hard cause they are so far and you want them to be with you physicly, and of course you shouldnt pay to talk to someone, there is a lot of other ways, you can easily add a lot of ppl from facebook for example, and maybe youll eventually find oh this girl is from my city or near, and make a mutual interest for each other, and free with the internet, there are adult not to mention sexual sites here too where seems a lot of ppl used them, and ofc they pay :dry:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes you can join the group hugs (*hug*)

I tried long distance dating and i've gotten so many bad experiences the last girl i dated told me she didn't love me at all and that she wants to break up , the others just used me for cyber sex and another girl i was with had a husband another was bisexual and left me for a guy . I don't want to go through that again

13. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

true, my short long distance experiences ended up similarly, and is perfectly understandable to get tired of it, but to keep also in mind that those kind of things also happen in couples who are physicly together or live together
    but you will someone worthy of your kindness, myself i havent been involved in any relationships at all, except i meantioned payed ones lol, but is been a long time im not even dating anyone, i guess i just lost interest on the range of girls i can meet up on my city or say close neigborhoods, they are not my style, so i know well, when there is a real worthy girl out there like you, just keep the way you are and youll find someone else that appreciates you like diamond in the rough :slight_smile: and seriously good girls like you nowadays are a valuable find
    (*hug*)

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much :tears:

15. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

no problem is true :icon_redf

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks again . I think that a dating site is the best for me to avoid stuff like that

17. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

Yeah, try another site that is more for gays/lesbian, something LGBT+ friendly. I never rely on dating sites that are "hetero dominated." Also, maybe try a site where you could be able to send and receive free messages, maybe a site where there are more offers, ya know?

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The two i went on were made for lesbians only but they scammed a lot of people .
    I will try to look for ones with free messages and see if i can find any good ones

19. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

That's good. Do what you need to do, although you should know that it's hard finding the right dating site for you, especially when you're looking for free messaging service :/
    I found this one dating site only for lesbians to join for free. It was alright, of course we can all contact members for free without paying. I was even in a long distant relationship for a short time. But there are some sites (like the one I told you) where they're kinda not the best, like there weren't many active members online, or some of these members are just too far away from where I live, etc. So just choose wisely on which dating site you'll register

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree i'll have to do lots of searching