1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ForceAndVerve, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Hawthorne

All of the healing gear are belong to me because spirit means hit :grin: yay for shadow priests!

2. Sherri

You are missing the point entirely. It's not about purples. It's about fun. It's about challenge. Ulduar was the last really fun raid that I can remember. Before WotLK, if you had downed a boss, that spoke wonders. There were a lot of different tiers of things to do in Burning Crusade. I agree that Vanilla was a bit overkill with needing to make WoW a full-time job in order to get really anything done with raiding. Burning Crusade was a great balance. You didn't need to spend forever and a day getting ready to enter the raids, but you did have a tough time of downing bosses, and it really said something if you'd killed, say, Vashj or Tidewalker, not to mention the higher ones in Hyjal, BT, or Sunwell.

What they started doing with WotLK was, instead of more bosses, you just got Heroic Mode for everything. Yes, the Heroic Modes are legitimately hard. No, they are not fun. I don't want to stare at the same boss for 6 months between trying to get him down in normal mode and then getting him done in Heroic as well. None of the rest of my team did either. It wore us all down, and we got bored, and we dispersed. Say what you will about the game being better than it ever has been, but WoW is hemorrhaging subscribers, and this has a lot to do with why. Somewhere along the line, Blizzard borked the recipe for fun.

3. Tim

Tim

Try Challenge Modes.

I actually liked Naxx (New) and Ulduar. They were tuned in such a way that a Pick Up Group could actually down all the bosses, but only if they actually coordinated. Most groups would quit after 3-4 bosses, as the difficulty got too much for most groups. This is the type I liked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cataclysm was done in such a way that it's almost impossible to PuG a current tier raid, and Mists will be the same way. Raid Finder was added as a way for people who would PuG it to do so without having to manually form the raid, I enjoy that.

One of the worst features of WoW was having to find a group for a quick run of something, "casual play" if you will. They fixed that.

WoW's subscribers drop constantly before a new expansion. That's nothing new. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Blizzard even said they were expecting a drop like that. They underestimated patch 4.3, and didn't think it'd actually last for 10 months. 10 months with no new content will drive people away. They said they''re fixing that in Mists by alternating patches. 1 for raids, 1 for dungeons/dailies/other content to keep people busy.

On top of that, PEt Battles is incredible. A large portion of the "OMG POKEMON IN WOW? I QUIT!" haters are apologizing on the forums.

WoW has never been better to me, I found Vanilla god awful grindtastically boring. Burning Crusade was "If you don't raid or arena, you really don't have anything to do." WotLK was "Everyone, zerg. Everything." (This, although I did like how quick things were, it was masssssive overkill. As I said though, I did enjoy Naxx and Ulduar.) Cata was "We're sorry for making Wrath too easy and chasing away the 'hardcores'. Here's some content to chase away the 'casuals'" *drops millions of subscribers* Mists: "We're sorry that casuals were chased away by the difficulty. We've added features that should make WoW appealing to all 3 types of players, Hardcore, Casual, and PvPers."

Mists is incredible. It's fixing many of the issues that WoW has. If you guys wanted a challenge in Dragon Soul, you should have disabled the debuff. How is killing a boss in normal then not downing him in heroic for 6 months less fun than trying to down a boss in general for 6 months? Your logic is flawed.

4. ForceAndVerve

Ye ummm...had a dabble in pet battles..I can see me spending maaany hours on that.

5. Thandrami

Bought it on friday and have played it almost every free moment i have xD Level 89 as of an hour ago and will be 90 tomorrow after I get home from school!

6. Hawthorne

Raids tonight /excitement for all the failure I will have!

7. ForceAndVerve

The world bosses ahve to be the most rediculous thing in the world. Wait around at multi spawn points for a CHANCE to tag the boss. -.-

If you fail at tagging the boss, do the whole thing again 2 hours later. And of course horde dont stand a chance of ever killing the boss on my server because of the horde/alliance ratio.

8. Hawthorne

could be worse I spent a couple of hours wiping on feng it was bad oh so so so bad so much lightning druid stood in it like everytime...