1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

working out tips?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ThaPrince, May 29, 2016.

1. ThaPrince

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a trans male and I'm joining a gym soon, but I don't know what kind of workouts I need to do. My goal is to appear more masculine. Yanno: toned arms, nice back; the works. I haven't started transitioning quite yet, I'm only sixteen and can't do much on my own. So, building a manlier body would really help me I think. If anyone has any tips that'd be super duper helpful.

2. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Workout three days a week, on Monday and Friday perform heavy barbell squats 3-5 sets of 5-8 reps. On Wednesday, do heavy deadlifts in a similar rep range. Do not use machines whatsoever. On Monday and Friday, do heavy laying press movements, barbell and dumbbell flat bench preferably, 4-6 sets of 8-10 reps. On Wednesday do an overhead press with a barbel in a similar weight range. Do heavy back rows on Monday and Friday, like barbell rows, T-Bar, dumbbell/Kroc rows. After these primary compounds are done, concentrate on 12-15 reps sets of your preferred triceps and shoulder movements, superset with Bodyweight pull-ups until you are strong enough to do weighted pull ups. You want to build a wider shoulder span and arms to appear masculine as a female. A larger body and wider lats are also key to getting that V shape men naturally have.

---------- Post added 29th May 2016 at 01:31 PM ----------

I'm going to reiterate, don't go into the gym simply chasing a look, take pride in the amount of weight you use and constantly push yourself to get stronger. The looks come in time, the strength will provide immediate feedback for your goals. You want to be stronger if you want to look dense and more masculine, not simply bigger. You also need to eat to fuel your strength and muscle gains. If you lift without eating enough, you will not make physical progress although in some cases you can continue increasing strength.

#2 108, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to a trainer at your gym. A lot of gyms will have a free consult with a trainer to help you develop a workout program.

4. Lindsey23

Nutrition is important if you want to get the most out of your workout. I'm still learning about that aspect but apparently you need to eat protein an hour before your workout and again within 30 minutes after. Protein builds muscle. Talk to a trainer though for more information.

5. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are 2 parts to getting a good body eating right and working out correctly. You can also talk to the trainers in the gym but also do your own research google mens fitness you'll find some great workouts and meals. Key is not processed food and limit sugar.

6. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for the record I am nasm certified, the guys at the local gym may not be. PTs are not always all they're cracked up to be.