1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish I Did This Years Ago

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by vamonos, Jan 6, 2015.

1. vamonos

I've enjoyed EC. I've read many posts from people going through the coming out process.

I want to say that in my experience you have to do it. It was a huge mistake for me to live most of my life in the closet.

What I have found is that it doesn't happen in one day. It's something you have to work at. It takes years.

You have to do it. It's the only honest way to live your life.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

what your saying makes sense. how old were you when you finally did come out? what was that coming out process like? how many years did it take?
    It took me until I was almost 55 to admit to myself that I am gay. It has been very slow since then, though recently I have come out to some people, but I am far from being out to everyone that I need to be out to. So, your post really caught my interest, and I would love to hear more.

3. vamonos

The big problem for me is accepting that I'm gay. I've been gay my entire adult life. I've had sex with over 100 men, many who were bi. I only like to bottom.

I force myself to date women. I've been married twice. I like women as friends.

I try to be out. Most people don't talk about sex - str8 or gay.

It's not easy for me to get sex. I need sex. It's a human need.

I'm glad that I'm old and this life will be over.

:bang:

4. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vamanos, I have accepted that I am gay. Very comfortable and confident with who I am. I understand your reluctance in acceptance as I have gone through that. Once you were accepting of yourself did you feel more confident in telling others?

5. Playboy5757

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Iam getting braver,..just not ready,.

Johnny

6. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Johnny, I understand. Its scary. But if someone were to say to me...Today you must choose between going back in the closet and being repressed for the rest of your life OR you must come out and let the whole world know immediately! ....I'd come out. As much as I am nervous nothing abhors me as much as repressing this. I like who I am now.

7. user199

user199 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i am just feeling more comfortable with the fact that i am gay..it has been one long and difficult journey but i can sense some degree of freedom and peace which i never for most of my life..
    the tricky part now is what i do with my life going forward..i still feel there will be few years till i can freely live my life and don't care of repercussions...
    things like love and relationship seems like a distant dream still..but there is always hope

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I'm not really in the closet, but I'm not really out as a bisexual. I mean, it's not like sex and gender comes up in casual discussion ever.

I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere. I'm not gay, I'm not straight, I love men and women. It's not like there's bisexual bars filled with people who are flexible in their desires...

So, to me living my life as I am is difficult at the moment. I barely know who I am, or who I want to be. Since my separation, I've not changed my behavior all that much. If there's a guy I think is cute, I might flirt with him depending on the circumstance.

Long term I have no clue what I will do. I don't know what will satisfy my desires, because I don't even no what my desires are.