1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter weather

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jvn95, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never. In Las Vegas we don't get snow days which is okay with me because I dislike the snow a lot lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Harve

My part of Scotland is awful for snow and there's probably been less than a week of snow lying this winter. Back home is far better despite it being way to the south. It's probably one of the snowiest places in England and snow has been hanging around since early January, even if it's mainly just the remnants of drifts now.

3. We get a couple of days a year, it doesn't really snow where I live so school gets called off if a single snowflake falls (Yankees make fun of us).

4. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

In high school not often and my district had a no delay policy. Our superintendent believed if we lived in New England we should know how to drive in the snow. I went to school 45 minutes away though in another state, so I had to take my own snow days some times. In college we've had a couple, but not often. Though that's more due to mild winters. The year before I came to my current school they had a lot.

5. fuzzywuzzy

For the last 5 years blizzards here were so terrible that they canceled school for at least a week every winter.

6. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I'm in college in the Northeast and we NEVER cancel, ever. We don't get a ton of snow like the snowbelt near the Great Lakes, but a lot of days with a dusting or a couple inches. There's been a lot of temperature swings lately. The worst part of winter isn't the cold or snow--- it's the perpetual gray and lack of sunshine.

7. jvn95

That's right. I live smack dab in the middle if the panhandle of Texas. Where the weather is bipolar. Yesterday at this time it was too hot to wear a coat for me.

8. kem

kem

Haha never. Even though it gets cold and there's lots of snow, school very rarely gets cancelled.

9. Formality

What? Can school be cancelled because of the weather? Never happened to me. I have to go too school even if school has been snowed in with 5 meters of snow. Our teachers would probably just tell us to bring shovels.

10. FJ Cruiser

Yeah, I'm all too familiar being from that same part of the state. How much did y'all end up with? My hometown got about about 6 inches.

#30 FJ Cruiser, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  11. jvn95

CNN (yes my town made national news) said a grand total of 19 inches. Second biggest blizzard to hit in recorded history here. Annnnnnd we another day off school.

Personally, I think a foot is what I see.

12. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    School was a long time ago LOL but I do occasionally remember getting a day off due to blizzards :slight_smile:

-----
    We got around a foot of snow here from Yesterday's storm. Some schools & businesses had delayed openings today...