1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seeking, Dec 9, 2013.

1. seeking

I Keep swaying back and forth here... straight...lesbian..straight..lesbian...

I know i have more heart felt romantic feelings towards woman vs men. Actually i never felt that warm heart love/crush for a guy...always for a girl i got to know.

But why can i accept everyone else's sexuality, but i am having problem accepting the fact that more than likely I would find love with a woman than a man... from my emotional experience with a crush on a woman vs a crush on a man. I am more attracted to a woman.

CRUSH ON A WOMAN obviously feels more like a real crush.

I know i would be more happy with a woman than a man.

I am so confused, but at the same time so scared.

Am i wrong for feeling confused and scared all at the same time?

Anyone who can give me advice?

:bang: :confused: :help:

2. Plutanan

I don't think it's wrong to be confused and I can relate. But try to look at things objectively.

Spend some time alone to sort through things. I don't know if that works for you but it does for me. Forget about labels and names of crushes. Just think about which genders you like. Think about women. Think about men.

There's the chance you could be bisexual and lean more towards women. For me, I don't think I'm exclusively homosexual but I hold little hope for a relationship with a woman so I don't feed that part of me by saying, "Maybe, someday..."

I hope some of this helps. Just take it all into consideration. And like I said, focus on who you like, not labels. It doesn't help. Think about what makes you happy and don't think about consequences. Once you've accepted yourself, you can deal with the consequences.

3. phoebe

well there is something called bisexuality (B in LBGT) its when you have feelings for both men and women (hopefully not at The same time)
    hope this helps!

4. mytruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can completely related to the scared and confused feelings.
    I know that part of what has been hard for me coming to terms with my sexuality is all of the messages I learned as a child growing up in a conservative Christian family that homosexuality was a sin. I had left those views behind many years ago, but at some level, those early-learned beliefs resurfaced in how I felt about myself as I began to accept who I am.

Moving past those old beliefs is still a place where I struggle, but the more I'm learning to own my truth and not hide who I am, the more comfortable I'm becoming in my own skin.

The other thing that has been important for me in figuring out who I am is asking myself "What do I want?" and giving myself time to listen to the answer that's below the quick surface response that is often filled with all the things we think we should do. Learning to listen for that answer was what brought me to the place of understanding who I truly am.