1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no cuddling?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cali, Apr 21, 2014.

1. cali

Here's a quick question for anyone. Just started dating this guy and we have slept together, but, after sex (more specifically after he orgasms) he becomes very distant and doesn't want any physical contact. So was just wondering is that a sign he's not really into me or would there be another reason for this??? I like cuddles :frowning2:

2. AKTodd

Some people are not into cuddling after sex. The reasons for that could be any number of things, but these would all be pure speculation on my part based on the info provided so far.

Does he like to cuddle and be affectionate at other times?

Todd

3. cali

Hey, thanks for replying. He is affectionate before sex, then completely changes after. The only thing I could think of was he likes me when he wants sex but not after he's got what he wants. If there's another reason that would be great, but I can't see it.

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is an excellent question. Can he be affectionate without the cuddling resulting in sex? Does he usually talk to you about things other than sex? Does he steer most conversations into sex talk? If it's a new relationship, I could understand the 'energy', heck, it also reoccurs sometimes in long-term relationships. I am wondering if you and him want the same type of relationship. Sorry to be blunt.

One possible reason I can think of is... orgasm can result in decreased desire for intimacy, and even aversion to it. It's the way some people are wired. Hopefully he is interested in reaching a compromise with you. I don't think a few minutes of cuddling would be too much to ask for. A second reason could be shame. I dated a girl that was uncomfortable just being in the same room as me after sex. I reminded her of an aspect of her sexuality that she was ashamed of. A third reason is somebody might want a purely sexual relationship and finds the emotional component to be a chore -- that's okay if both feel the same way. Hell, it could be a combination thereof or something else entirely. Disclaimer; inconclusive original research based on a small number of subjects. Your mileage may vary.