1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it so important for you to judge who I love?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jun 17, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been pondering for about a month now. Why "religious & political groups" is it so important to you, to judge whom I love?

#1 brainwashed, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is the question even important? From my perspective why other people think the way they do is not relevant to our individual need to live our truths. I just accept that human nature is such that people perceive what they will, and each of us live by our own truths. What is relevant is rising above the shame created by those whom do judge and find our own personal closure. If trying to answer this question helps you find closure, then great. When you figure it out, let us all know!

Alternatively, instead of asking why, I think a better question is how did these beliefs come about. I believe institutionalized religion was an earl form of government and society control before the rule of law existed. And such beliefs were taught by parents, grand parents, great grand parents, etc etc. The educational chain promoting such beliefs needs to be broken. When the teaching of hate ends, the judgement will end.

Contented likes this.
  3. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To think that either government or religion should or could determine or try to regulate whom we love is absolutely ridiculous. That they have some god-given moral authority to tell me loving another man is sinful, wrong or immoral is simply preposterous. Antiquated thinking of bigoted hypocrites with no clue how the world really work.