1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Why I Hate Kevin Spacey (and you should too!)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by StarRunner, Oct 30, 2017.

1. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This morning an allegation was made public that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted a 14 year old boy approximately thirty years ago..

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/30/kevin-...-14-years-old/

Anthony Rapp, an actor best known for his role in Star Trek Discovery, stated in his allegation that Spacey, apparently intoxicated, entered a room where Rapp was watching television at a party. He picked him up and then held him down on the bed laying on top of him while trying to seduce him. Rapp squirmed and got away.

This is bad enough but it gets worse.

Today, Spacey responded by saying he doesn't remember the event because he was drunk at the time and he apolgized if it happened. He then took the opportunity to come out as a gay man.

This is offensive beyond belief. Being gay has nothing to do with the actions of molesting a minor. It was an immoral and conscious decision to go after a child, not an act of being gay. He can't use the excuse of alcohol, and certainly not being gay. It is child molestation, plain and simple. And then to come out as a gay person as if it is some sort of an excuse to justify his behaviour is an affront to every gay person who has struggled with his orientation. He deserves neither sympathy nor support for coming out of the closet in the midst of such horrendous accusations.

Coming out of the closet is such a personal, emotional decision involving friends and family. We come out when we are ready. We do not announce it in the middle of accusations of molesting a child as if it makes it a legitimite reason to commit the act or to use it as a means to change the topic of his assault against a minor. Spacey is in no way representative of gay people, all of whom condemn his despicable actions and his self-serving response.

I hope this ends his career.

Just had to get that off my chest!

2. DoriaN

You shouldn't hate anyone, but rather hate the things they do, insomuch that we all sometimes slip or fail or do something terrible. It sounds like he is being sincere in the things he said, but if the events did take place then it is of course a terrible thing regardless. After a difference of 30 years hopefully he has changed and improved as a person, and it's unfortunate such things are being handled the way they are.

3. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That he used accusations of molestation as an opportunity to come out is fairly icky, though I suppose he figured if one secret was out, he might as well open the floodgates.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Omg this is hilarious. Anyone who believes this is seriously oblivious to Anthony Radds lying manipulative ways. Kevin didn't do anything to him and the way some lgbt members threw him under the bus makes me ashamed to be gay. Trump for 2020.

5. Destroyed

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More accusations are coming in on his sexual abuse of a woman this time round and a man. Kevin spacey is bisexual but equally a predator. His coming out as gay(like who the hell chooses to live gay, as there coming out statement? Thats someone whom in his head doesnt see himself as gay), was to shut down future allegations and control his narrative but its backfired. His a gross deviant.

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/30/more-sordid-spacey-accusations-emerge/

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is all fake. You can't believe these stories. Kevin spacey didn't do a thing.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure he was trying to stop the floodgates as much as hoping that coming out would deflect attention by both answering a question commonly gossiped about and also (perversely) try to characterise his attempted sexual interaction with a fourteen year old boy as a youthful error, an act of someone exploring his sexuality rather than that of a creep.

Obviously, that strategy backfired, especially given it was accompanied by a refusal to deny.

8. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What a disgusting way to come out of the closet!

9. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that Spacey using this incident to come out will end up being damaging to the LGBT community as the radical right try to use it to bolster their argument that gay men are sexual predators. It's just sad that he'd try to deflect public attention from what he did by playing the coming out card.

10. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We heard you the first time, Andrew. Perhaps you can provide some evidence that Rapp is a liar and manipulator and explain why Spacey did not deny what happened.

11. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even Spacey is not denying it may have happened and offered an apology. Unfortunately, his idea of an apology is to equate homosexuality with pedophilia and throw us all under the bus.

#11 StarRunner, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  12. Ryu

Ryu

I don't know about y'all but I doubt this happened. For one, this Anthony Rapp person, whom of which I admit I am not familiar with and am not familiar with his political leanings, went to buzz feed to say this. What a great news outlet of truth and integrity in no way biased towards the far left, and he also gave no other witnesses to back him up to my knowledge. This is always going to loose him credibility, or at least it should.

And I feel genuinely bad for kevin spacey. Now yes, it is hard to convey emotion over script, and yes he is an actor, but he is genuinely apologising for what he may have done in my opinion, and I genuinely believe that he wishes to make amends to this.

The fact that he isn't denying it is also a factor that makes him sound more sincere in my opinion as, generally speaking, most people would deny such claims if they had done it.

"I'm beyond horrified to hear this story. I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago.

"But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years."

That sounds sincere to me. And I believe he sincerely has no recollection of this event that may not have even occurred.

About the coming out fiasco, I don't think that he Is associating homosexuality with paedophilia here. He says "this story has encouraged me to address other things about my life". This makes me think that, if what took place was true, it has made him want to be more open about personal matters and I would say it further backs up his sincerity, and no, I'm not falling into the so called trap the media say he made, this what I genuinely believe.

#12 Ryu, Oct 31, 2017
  13. Ryu

Ryu

And perhaps you can provide evidence Rapp is telling the truth and isn't lying, or find somebody else at the party to back up Rapp. There is no evidence other than a persons word. And if you are open to Rapp'sword, you should be open to Kevin Spacey's word.

14. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Except I'm not claiming that he must be telling the truth. I am listening to the accusation and listening to Spacey's response. Spacey didn't say it didn't happen or that Rapp is a liar or manipulator. Those are bold claims that Andrew made without a shred of evidence.

If Rapp and Spacey were alone in the room, then there probably won't ever be any eyewitness evidence from a third party. It will necessarily be Rapp's vs. Spacey's word. There often aren't other witnesses to things that happen in bedrooms or other private rooms (Rapp claims everyone had left the party). But if you want to claim that Rapp's word is no good because he's a known liar and manipulator, then you need to provide some evidence that for that claim, otherwise it will be taken with a grain of salt.

#14 Libertino, Oct 31, 2017
  15. Ryu

Ryu

I never said he was a liar desu~
    I'm just saying that I don't think kevin spacey is. I even said I don't know enough about Rapp to have a definitive opinion as to whether he's a liar.

16. DoriaN

Basically my feelings on this. If these things did happen it's terrible, but there's too much conjecture and people are far too willing to immediately hate and act on instinct; topic creator not withstanding. Many people haven't been alive for 30 years, nevermind remembering something when drunk. His situation sounds sincere and he admits if he did it he's sorry and I'm assuming would accept any punishment that came forth should it be true, he's already having punishment in media distortion and job loss.

17. QueerAndHere413

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i wonder if ducks can eat carrots

18. QueerAndHere413

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    like can they chew them or do they have to be mushy

19. QueerAndHere413

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    do they even like carrots

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They seem to like when I throw them bread.