1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Evangelicals Hate Jesus

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fintan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Emberstone

Ironic that what we see today, as exposed so clearly in this article, is that the polar opposate of the jeffersonian bible has happened to the bible of the evengelicals. Instead of distilling the bible down to its common sense, moral message, evengelicals have removed that common sense, moral message completely from the equations.

most of our founding father's were deist; they believed in the concept of faith as important to life and society, but denied the idea that anyone faith was better than the others. Our constitution is built on the idea that christanity is not the only path to the divine. our constitution and other founding documents do not even make claim that christanity has anything to do with how our nation is to be ran... infact, it makes it clear religion has no place in goverment, and must never been allowed to.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, but i don't think it helps the situation to polarise so hard. It may be that republicans adopt more of the silly stances than democrats, but further polarisation can only serve to dig deeper trenches.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm allowed to summarise :wink:

[​IMG]

4. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    HAHA love that ^

Saw this and had a little ah-ha moment too.
    [​IMG]

5. adam88

I just wanted to pitch in - this is a great article. I've always felt that the cultural war surrounding the cold war did irreparable harm to western culture.

6. Emberstone

Society always has to have a enemy... right now it is gay people, hollywood, college educated people, and jesus.

I think it is ironic that number of people who are so against china and north korea, yet they advocate for the same policies here in america that are enacted in those countries.

7. Fintan

I strongly disagree that "society always has to have an enemy". I don't believe that to be true at all. I think society should have goals, but I don't think it 'needs' an enemy.

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Yes but society has always had a public enemy of some kind in order to be stable. Just because the intellectuals feel they are enlightened doesn't mean the back-country people don't need an enemy in order to rally.

9. Chandra

Fixt.

10. Emberstone

I agree that we should not have a need of a enemey, but society, or at least factions within american society to be more focused, always seems to find one. 150 years ago, it was blacks who by virture of *in the mind of the majority* smaller brains, are obsessed with raping white women. 100 years ago, it was women wanting the vote. 70-80 years ago, it was the people of color again. 30 years ago it was the soviets. 10 years ago, it became the muslims...

... now it is non-whites, females with jobs, gays, muslims, jews, forgieners, mexicans especially, and the poor. a veritable cornicopia of hatred and misinformation.