1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't the Gay Community have a leader?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ANightDude, Jan 3, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And you guys forget that lady gaga is actually a hermaphrodite too, so she has her share of sexuality confusion too i'm sure lol
    She's a good candidate but the best candidate would probably have some political pull as well. If Harvey Milk were alive, I'd definitely elect him!

2. Mister Gaga

I don't think she's hermaphrodite, I think it's just manipulating the medias (she's doing it really good), but who knows.

All I know is that she's bi, and I'm sure she's definitely gonna change something for us.

3. Shevanel

I wouldn't really be happy with an entertainer as a leader of a political movement.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cus we are all leaders not followers.

5. Emberstone

like I said. I nominate beckyg.

she may not have a top 100 billboard hit... but she is still awesome and already does so much good for the gay community and equal rights.

6. starfish

I have a friend who is researching this very topic.

His working hypothesis is that that there are just small gay groups, but no grand unifying gay community.

Of course it is too early to draw any conclusions.

7. Stuie

I agree with this hypothesis and think that it's probably the way it is. Even within the so-called "gay community" of just male homosexuals, there's a HUGE diversity. There are gay people who I know who I have virtually nothing in common with and actively dislike. The common link between us is nothing instantly apparent and obvious. With other civil rights movements, you can instantly see whether someone is black or a woman. The "gay community" is something we construct ourselves, not something that a complete stranger would instantly associate us with.
    A metaphor I can think of for the whole "rainbow" would be a jigsaw puzzle that when you put it all together, it doesn't really give you a coherent picture of anything. The way homosexuals are going to get the right to marry is to really make homosexuality common into many people's lives, so it doesn't seem so foreign and scar and no, we are not trying to convert your children to homosexuals, because they will be anyway without our help. THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    how bout instead of one set "leader" we just have a conglomerate. like 12 individuals who were somehow "elected" or chosen to lead said movement. thus each individual would be able to reach out to different groups of people with the community whether they be gay lesbian trans whatever. and since there isn't any one leader but a group they could go and do apperences/or lectures at gatherings or i can't think of the word i'm looking for but you get the idea. like one leader can only be in one place at a time but with a group they can spread out and be in multiple places at the same time. thus they wouldn't just identify with one sect of the lgbtq community but the group as a whole. just a thought

9. paint

A Gay Senate.

10. Shevanel

The LGBT Republic? =P xDDD

11. Emberstone

half the US senete already is gay... well... at least on the far right...

Democracy has already repeatedily screwed us over. I say we really take a leaf out of limbaugh's, becks, ann cunters, and o'reilly's book and form a gay mafia.

12. RaeofLite

Or we should take over an island chain and be the "Gay Federation" :slight_smile: Hey, finally a CHAIN of gay bars even in small towns where we'd all be able to be free from discrimination. (This would work... even if we just visited it for vacation).