1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does it seem so hard?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Why does it seem so hard to be open about being trans, or really anything? Why is it so hard to take the first steps in the direction you wish to travel? Why is it so hard to figure out and decide where you're going and what you're supposed to be doing to get the results you desire?

These are all questions going through my mind right now. I mean, this all sounds like simple stuff. They're simple in concept and idea, and one might even think that they aren't difficult at all. But that's all thought, opinion, speculation, etcetera. I'm surprised at myself how simple it is in theory to do most of this stuff, yet I find it so difficult to actually do any of it. It's not a difficult concept to see a therapist, or visit your local support group. It isn't hard to question yourself, come up with an answer, come out, and attempt to transition, but only in theory. In my mind these things seem incredibly simple, however the real world applications make me turn red with embarrassment and shake at the knees in fear. I don't like it.

This is a huge part of my life as a trans girl;
    Theories on how things should pan out, but also how they never work in real life.

It's quite the dilemma, especially when you want nothing but happiness and, what seems like, the simplest things end up holding you back. All I want is to be happy, be able to support myself and possibly a family, have property, have vehicles, pets, and most of all, I want to be who I am on the inside. I'm a girl. I want nothing but to become my true, inner self. Natasha is my inside name, my male name is not important to my gender identity. I like skirts, and flats, and dresses, and cleavage, and every other stereotypical "girly"/femme thing. I'm on the inside, and my personality is what it is, but my appearance is the problem. There's lots of aspects of my life that are just the way I like them, however, there are also many aspects of my life that are not the way I like them. I just want to be who I am inside, and all I get is nothing but trouble. Trouble internally, externally, etcetera. I like being Natasha, and I really want to let that side of me out, but it always seems like I'm being blocked by something. Whether it's my own mind, or the environment around me, it always seems like there is something there to stop me and prevent me from moving forward. I'm hoping to see the light if day soon, for the darkness and dampness of the basement if the hell that is my life is not place for a young lady to spend her time.

2. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because we feel like we have to sacrifice our own happiness so that others can live inside the bubbles they are used to. Because people want to be right and prefer to not to actually understand or challenge their views. Because nobody wants to be alone and hated. And nobody actually wants to be trans. I think.

I have transitioned to the point where I can just live my life as a man and nobody knows. But I still see people who hate us. They think I am one of them now and they get shocked when I am not. And even after I come out to defend somebody and I am prepared for blood they think I am ok because I am a normal dude. What? But they just completely bashed this other person who is just in an early stage of transition. They would have bashed me too if they saw me when I was pre-HRT or on my first 10 months.

Natasha, we live in a crazy world. I wish you all the luck you deserve.