1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do some people imply sexuality has to do with gender? Why is it never specified?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by straightqueer20, Jun 14, 2014.

1. straightqueer20

Like I understand people are attracted to specific genders. And some are attracted to specific sexes. I am attracted to people based on their sex but have no real preference what gender they are. I have been told that makes me pansexual. But the thing is the word pan-SEX-ual implies I like all sexes which is untrue. I have no interest in ciswomen or any woman with female genitals. I am specifically attracted to the male sex. But I am attracted to men people who identify as genderqueer/agender/bigender or transwomen even pre op. I also really like boobs on women. But that's about it. I've thought never been able to like get off with seeing a nude ciswoman. So I obviously don't like all sexes. But is there a term for being attracted to any gender? Because sexualitywise it seems it always seemed incorrect pansexual because I don't like all sexes but all genders. I don't get why it's used interchangeably? Like shouldn't it be pangender? Or something that?

2. BelleFromHell

Re: why do some people imply sexuality has to do with gender? Why is it never specifi

No, pangender is a gender identity, not a orientation.

It's sound like you may be polysexual to me.

3. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Re: why do some people imply sexuality has to do with gender? Why is it never specifi

Sexuality and gender are difficult things to understand. It's like it's on a spectrum or something. You can make up your own definition of who you are. That's why I try not to label myself because nothing really fits me.

4. straightqueer20

that totally describes me only thing different is that I don't normally find intersex people sexually attractive but everything else is right on. I like guys too though. So thanks for the link.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 09:11 AM ----------

I still don't get why the word sex is in it though throws me for a loop

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

As I understand it, it has the word sex in it because it describes sexual attraction (as opposed to something like panromantic, which would describe romantic attraction), not because it describes what sex you're attracted to.

6. BelleFromHell

You're welcome. :slight_smile:

Although a lot of polysexual people are attracted to intersex people, it's not a requirement. Polysexual just means you're attracted to multiple genders and/or sexes.

The "sexual" basically means sexual attraction. It doesn't really have anything to do with someone's biological sex, just who you're sexually attracted to (i.e. who you'd want to sleep with).

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You don't need to find intersex people attractive to be polysexal, you just need to be capable of being attracted to more than one gender. I personally have never seen intersex genitalia or met an intersex person that I know of, but I think I could be attracted to them, but they might need to explain how their genitals work to me. I personally would fall more in to the pansexual category, I've never really cared too much about gender or trans status as long as I like the person.

8. straightqueer20

I could be attracted to a person with klinefelter's syndrome but idk if they'd be sexually attracted to me since they have lower libido idk if that would be compatible since I have a high sex drive. My issue with being attracted to someone with this condition is the fact that in many intersex conditions like ks they tend to have female builds wide hips narrow shoulders and body fat distribution on the lower half. I don't like the typical female build. I prefer the opposite. If the person with ks had the build I am attracted to I'd be capable of being attracted to them.

9. straightqueer20

I don't like intersex people due to the body shape usually associated with it.

I guess that's another way to see it.

#9 straightqueer20, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It might help to know there are some intersex people that look 100% cisgender. Like they look completely male or female and have 100% female or male genitalia in appearance. Sometimes you don't even know a person is intersex until they tell you.

I consider myself 'homosexual' but I like different types of biological women; which can include cis women, FAAB intersex women, and trans women. Sexuality can be based on gender or sex I guess, it depends how you see it.

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i am sexually attracted to pans, and cookware. skillets specifically get me really hot. god bless.

(i'm sorry i don't have anything helpful to post... but good luck op! <3)

12. straightqueer20

Yeah I could find a guy attractive even if he had a mild form of 5-ard.

I like tall broad shouldered skinny people with heavier voices. I LOVE deep deep deep voice in men. I also do in female identified similar at least. But I also like boobs a lot.