1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you chose this username?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Feb 19, 2015.

1. RemakeJake

As for the second half of it, it's my name (super super close to it at least :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The first part refers to the fact that after graduating high school in 2013 and becoming physically fit in 2014, I feel like I'm finally coming into my own, being myself, and am more willing to show that to the world. Plus, it rhymes (that's why I put Jake and not my full name :thumbsup:)

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I chose my username because I made a promise to myself that I will always be true to who I am on the inside.

I fell in love with someone who very likely was in the closet. I can't be sure of that because I decided to respect their privacy. I needed to deal with the extreme emotional pain of being left behind and learn to understand my own sexuality more fully. I was totally unprepared for dealing with someone so afraid of same sex attraction even though I had gone through the coming out process myself. I hadn't thought it through and what that struggle would mean from the perspective of someone else. I decided to learn more so that if I ever got another chance I wouldn't screw everything up as badly as I did. I wanted to help people and help myself. I will love with an open heart, always and forever.

3. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Because I have a DoubleSoul :slight_smile:

4. yuricorpse

It was like 2am and I was almost sleeping so I thought '' what is gay??'' yuri, and people used to call me corpse at school when I was younger because of my sleepy face in the morning
    I regret this username hahaha

5. AlienEmpire1524

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As you can probably imagine, it's a rather long story. :lol:

6. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's short for Xylazampryus......lol a fictional character(female) I used to describe myself or "converse" with in a journal. My inner soul in a way. Sounds emo-ish I know, but my mind's a strange place

7. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a big fan of JRR Tolkien's works, especially The Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion. Elendil was the ancestor of Aragorn and the first high king of the dunedain in exile.

8. iamforgiven

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I used to think being gay is bad. I used to say homophobic things and contribute to discussions of that nature with like-minded people. I used to make jokes about them and when gays where brought up during casual conversation I made sure to indicate that they were not human. I was always taught that it is wrong to be gay. I was taught that real humans only go with the opposite sex. I was also taught that those who do otherwise where going to hell for their sins and that there behavior and choices are not acceptable.

My professor assigned the ambiguous topic of "anything controversial" and told us to make sure we do our research to prove our point. I have always been one to like a good argument, and a great challenge. I decided that I would write my paper with the intention of convincing the reader that not only are gay people just as human as us, but that they would even make great parents. The topic I chose was, in my opinion at the time, hilariously illogical and thus the perfect fit for my liking - a challenge to do the impossible. I imagined myself bending facts and twisting the words of those I would quote. I thought by the time I was done with the paper, I would be ready for law school because If I could write a paper convincing that statement to be true then I can convince anyone anything!

Wow. Looking back now its amazing how ignorant I was. While writing the paper, there was not a single study I needed to exclude, there where no quotes I needed to misrepresent, no tricks to pull out my sleeve to argue my case. By the time I was finished with the first page I had to take a break to try and understand why I ever thought otherwise. We are all human, wanting to love and be loved, wanting to be happy, wanting to be accepted.

I now spread my knowledge whenever I get the chance and it cuts deep when I hear someone make a negative judgement because I have such deep regret for my past beliefs. I found out I have an aunt that is a lesbian, I met with her to confess, she told me she understands that there is a lot of ignorance in the world. I feel, that I have been forgiven. That is why I chose this username.

9. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I like the story

10. Outlier

Because of a book, and because it fits.

11. Manitoban

Relates to where I live, I'm rather un-creative.

12. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I joined this forum I was, and still am in fact, struggling to really comprehend EXACTLY how I feel about about each sex. I'm getting there! When the confusion goes away I want to rename myself, but I can't think of anything clever. EpicUnderstanding just doesn't ring.

I couldn't use my utterly uncreative usual username because it's just my name and 3 ransom numbers. My name is extremely unique so I didn't think that was a good idea. I made it up when I was 11 and a friend bought me a webkinz. Don't judge me.

#92 EpicConfusion, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  13. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three Olives' "Purple" vodka! :slight_smile: it releases the inner spirit!

14. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My username is pretty self explanatory. I'm just a boy from a big city!

15. Ix J

Out Status:
    Family only
    Ix is an old nickname (originally pinched from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy) and "J" comes from the way I used to draw a character's hair (kind-of, there are a couple of reasons)

16. TwoWays

I chose TwoWays because I fancy both girls and boys... sorta, regret it, cause I don't know if I'm gay or bi :/

17. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I needed an username that I'd never used before. I prefer my usernames to sound like a name. I wanted something that would sound a bit feminine too. I had Ancient Greek class for a year and I love to use it in order to give meaning to things.

Eole is the God of the Wind, and I built something from that.

I later learned about it having a real meaning and being the name of a fictional character I didn't know of. (And it sounds like Aiolia, the Lion Gold Saint in Saint Seyah)

18. lillyandryan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Lilly and Ryan are names that I could have been named. Ryan was supposed to be my Name if I would have been a boy. Lilly was one of the girl names my Mom considered ^^ I prefer to be called Lilly online because my real name is extremely unique were I live . :grin:

19. JooBooGoo

It was strangly inspired by the original Scooby-Doo show.
    As you can see in my profile, JooBooGoo sounds more formal than Jooby-boo (my original username idea, even though I am pretty laid back.

20. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Penta is actually half of the word pentagram, a symbol which i very much like and it sounded cool, besides i needed a user name which i hadn't used before.