1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why come out??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoBabyGoGo, Nov 20, 2007.

1. GoBabyGoGo

Ok, well i've been thinking about coming out to my best friends from school a lot lately, and i've been thinking about what good that would be... like, what im getting at is, do they really need to know??

Of course, im not ashamed of my sexuality or anything, and if they asked me straight out or made some false assumtion, i would tell them, but just the thought of just randomly blurting it out makes me feel weird, and i reckon would freak them out.

2. CrimsonThunder

To get a boyfriend.

3. You don't have to randomly tell them if you don't want to. I see nothing wrong with doing as you said, correcting them if they made a false assumption or asked you

4. boy0boy

Well I'm sure attraction to others comes up in conversation. A simple sentence with the right noun will usually do the trick.

"Yeah she's cute, but Chris is smokin'!"

5. Louise

Unless you feel a conflict within youself of the image your friends have of you and what you feel to be your reality, I can't see the need to rushing in and blutting it out unless you especially want to... which doesn't seem to be the case.

If you are happy as you are then don't worry about it.

6. llenadepecas

because life is simpler when you do... well, from my little experience i think so. yeah... maybe don't just blurt it out.

7. Tom

Tom Guest

theres no reason to tell any1 about your sexuality, it does make life easier when it comes to finding a partner but that is about it if youre not acting differently because youre not out then there really is no point in it.

8. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I told my main group of friends because it made it easier not to lie. They're all dating boys and most of them are having sex with them, and I got sick of pretending I found their boyfriends even remotely attractive.

I came out to many of my other friends just to stop comments. I got sick of people using The Other F-Word and calling everything "gay," so I just told them.

But as was said before, it's your choice; if it makes life easier, do it. If not, you don't have to.

9. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Because you don't have to worry about people finding out anymore, you can find a boyfriend, you can be happier....

10. SpikySpice

Coming out is not a thing you must do but a thing you do to benefit you later on. You dont have to come out but you rather to come out than to stay in the closet right

As you see some people who stay in the closets feel not really good, coming out will solve all

Everything has a goodside and a downside. Good things botu coming out is you feel proud, and feel like you are belonged to a community, teh GLBT people, to get teh on eyou want, if you hide yourself then teh one who wants to seek for you wont find you

The downside, as everybody know the society is strict and tehy prefer straight people, so you may get some little problems

I come out not because I seee everybody comes out, i do it because I think I have to let peopel know teh real me, just like you have to show your talent lol, and to find someoen I want, a bf for example

You may not be ashamed of who you are but you are afraid the truth will freak people out then just come out when they ask, dont have to randomly come out

11. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my experience coming out strengthens friendships. For me it's a secret that others know to keep.

12. GoBabyGoGo

ok thanks a lot guys... that was a great help :grin:

hmm... as much as i'd like it, i dont see that just coming out to my close friends would get me a boyfriend, as im sure they don't know anyone who is gay, and am 99% sure that they are straight. Sure coming out to EVERYONE might help me get a boyfriend, but im totally not ready to do that in my situation :icon_sad:

13. CrimsonThunder

It would spread around. =P

14. xxXJoe15919Xxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    good choice dont do anything u r not comfortable with.

15. tiptoerainbows

I think you have the right idea, only bring it up if they do. I mean that way it's not like 'whoa that was awkward'