1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can I not sleep?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Jul 11, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so for nearly almost 2 months, i haven't been able to sleep at all.for the first month....i was staying up till 3am and would fall asleep but now its me staying up till 6-7am and ill fall aslwep and wake up at 2-3pm to do it all over again.

2 months ago....a personal ordeal happened and i've been trying to deal with it. preferably, im trying to just get over an ex. Could hat be why.?

I stayed up till 7:30 this morning and i woke up at 4:10pm

2. HeyAshley

it's hard for me to give advice but that's probably just because i'm the same way. i can basically fall asleep on command but i always choose to stay up really late and sleep in really late.

i take it you're not a fan of bed late, up late? normally if i need to go to sleep because i have to get up super early and i'm wired awake then i just put some really boring on tv.

3. HeyAshley

it's hard for me to give advice but that's probably just because i'm the same way. i can basically fall asleep on command but i always choose to stay up really late and sleep in really late.

i take it you're not a fan of bed late, up late? normally if i need to go to sleep because i have to get up super early and i'm wired awake then i just put some really boring on tv.

4. MerBear

well I use to be able to go to sleep easily but i cant now

5. HeyAshley

my friend takes sleeping pills sometimes and she doesn't get any addiction or weird side effects from them. but i know it's common for people to form an addiction from them, so i'm not recommending it. but i'm still recommending it.... if that makes sense.

sometimes if i just can't fall asleep because i'm stressed out then i'll just comfortably lay down, close my eyes and still think about it. eventually you'll just ease into sleep.

6. MerBear

I would have to ask my dad but I dont know if he'll get me any

7. HeyAshley

just be careful. they'll knock you out and you can get pretty dependent on them. ever just lay in bed and text someone and just fall asleep waiting for a reply? lol that's normally how i end up falling asleep.

8. Lonely Soul

Well, how is it like when you're kept up? I mean, does your mind not seem like it'll "turn off" so that you can sleep? What happens?

When this happens to me, I'm usually thinking too much so it helps to write down everything I'm feeling until I manage to relax.

9. MerBear

My mind is wide AWAKE but im not thinking of much. its like it feels its going to stay awake forever..

i do write down how im feeling but it doesnt do much

10. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Many people cannot sleep due to strong emotions getting in the way, others find that having depression makes them sleepy all the time and it comes down to what has happened recently which may be having a huge impact on your sleeping pattern.
    Your mind is probably working so hard trying to sort things out that you find it so hard to switch off, and yes there are lots of remedies available like natural ones and it might help talking to your doctor or seek advice from someone at a health food store.

11. MerBear

I would talk to my doctor but I have to talk to my dad about it and he probably wont let me. He doesn't believe I have sleeping problem, anxiety or depression.

and thanks. I've been a wreck since i stopped talking to my ex and sadly its only been nearly 2 months