1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I missing my sex drive at 17?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jacobjohns, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Jacobjohns

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone! Today, for the first time since freshmen year (I’m a graduating senior), I hooked up with another boy. A couple days ago, I downloaded ###### and met him on there and discovered I acrually already knew him through social media. Last night and this morning I was having major anxiety about meeting him in person. Maybe because it’s been so long and I have basically no sexual experience? Anyways, I pushed through my nerves and ended up going for it. I couldn’t get it up though and didn’t even enjoy the sexual activity. I feel like something is wrong with me. I don’t know if it was because I was so nervous or some other reason but I would love some input because I have been looking forward to finally getting with someone for so long and it ended up being a painful let down:frowning2:

2. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everybody enjoys it the same. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you. Idk about 2 much abt asexuals but maybe look into that? Maybe it’s the case he wasn’t the right person? There’s a lot of possible reasons. However I will reiterate this. There is nothing wrong with you.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's most likely nerves rather than any actual lack of sex drive. After all, you did download the app, did meet up with him, and did do stuff. If you truly had no drive, you would not have had the motivation to do that.

When you say you didn't enjoy it, it could be nervousness, it could be inexperience. Do you have normal drives to masturbate? Do you find yourself excited or aroused in other circumstances (seeing a hot guy somewhere)

4. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You might need more of an emotional connection to get aroused. Part of it for many is feeling safe and comfortable.