1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I emotionally attracted to other transgender people?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ladysci, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Ladysci

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi I'm a bi trans girl and I play a lot of video games and I noticed something weird, whenever there is another transgender person (or one I know is trans by their voice) I pay a lot of extra attention to them and I really want to talk to them a lot more than cis people,is this a bad thing?

2. Damos

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not really no I THINK (emphasis on think) you feel saver around transgenders because they understand you more. IT can also be because you feel they are more open due to their experience with people that aren't. I feel kinda the same but it's also sort of a curiosity with me. I want to know why they made the change (not because I think its bad but because I just wanna know) and I feel saver around these kinds of people because i think they understand hardships better and they can deal with oddity's in one's behaviour better (im one giant oddity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think you feel emotionally/spiritually attracted to other trans persons because you share a story - every trans story is unique, but there is a lot of overlap between most of them.
    When you are talking to someone trans, you feel understood.

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I'd say I'd be the same, but I don't know any (out of the closet) trans people. I'd imagine also, like others have said, its the real understanding of each other that causes the connection.

5. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know what ur talking about, i do the exact same thing. its weird because all of my friends irl are cis gender lol

6. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same thing. I just embrace it, because I see no downside to it. I even feel something similar with cis people who are explicit allies. I think it's just a matter of not fearing transphobia, and also the shared experience in the case of other trans* people.

7. Ladysci

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Alright that makes sense thanks ^_^