1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who smokes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fiorino, Jun 18, 2008.

?

Do you smoke?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. No

168 vote(s)
    78.9%
  3. I did, but I quit.

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. LowestVocal017

LOL!

That was really cute, girl! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Rette

I'll assume you mean cigarettes, in which case no, I do not smoke. Cigars are a yes, and occasionally some, uh, "other" types of cigarettes.

3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ummm.... thanks?

4. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of my grandparents used to smoke (they quit in the last few years) but neither of my parents smoke. I never got to meet my mom's dad because he smoked (lung cancer), so I really never had much incentive to begin in the first place. Not to mention I really hate the smell. And why must so many college kids smoke? It's like I can't even walk ten feet without somebody smoking at me. It's disgusting.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I don't smoke. The only thing I tried was hookah which wasn't even that great.

6. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Hate smokers. Let them do what they want, but it's not for me.

7. Paralyzer

I don't smoke, and hope I never will but......

I have this odd attraction for people who do (as long as they're not a chronic smoker)
    The smell of smoke on peoples clothes reminds me of happy things for some reason even though my mom's friends who smoke are definately not bright people. I'm not just talking about guys. I can't breath second hand smoke though, I honestly choke.. but it's that left over scent that brings me euphoria.. idk why.. haha

8. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Truthfully, I like the smell of it to as it reminds me of happy things, but I know it's bad so I force myself to hold my breath.

9. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

i smoke but i have the decency not to smoke around people who dont beacause if they dont they prob. dont want the secon hand smoke, but alot of people smoke where ever they want to. i guess im like that cuz i have a little brother and i wouldntwant anyone to blow smoke in his face (if they did i would woop their ass)

10. sexyalex

I don't smoke often, only when the peer-pressure hits me and i am out at a club or something.....:dry:

11. sexyalex

lol that's me with automotive pertol oil. anytime i go to the gass station i feel happy:grin:

12. eclipse

eclipse Guest

I used to smoke quite regularly, but now i leave it only for rare occasions.

13. Jebs

I smoke. Cigs calm me down. Seems everyone is anti-smoking. Opps. Didn't get the memo.

14. davo-man

I don't smoke, never have, never will. I cannot stand the smell of it, and so will move away if people start smoking near me. I totally support that it's their decision to smoke, but it's my decision to get away from them if they do. For this reason, I doubt I would ever date a smoker

15. otc877

otc877 Guest

I've tried cigarettes and I think they are vile. However, I do smoke hookah on occasion, and I love it :slight_smile:

16. Tim

Tim

No I don't. But my mom smokes in the house all the time, I'm allergic to smoke too -.- My friends are nice though, if we're out together, they'll trail behind me so the smoke avoids me, which I'm perfectly fine with. I will never smoke, or drink =P.

And I won't be willing to date anyone who does smoke, which will be a problem where I live, 90% of the people here smoke :S

17. LowestVocal017

Even Hookah I can't stand the smell of, nor can I stand the smell of 'pot' (whatever that is anyways), or any form of burning tobacco. That's just me though.

And it's more than just the smell: the fumes are very toxic to my body. The smell of this stuff merely alerts me.

Anything considered smoking is absolutely disgusting to me, period. It doesn't matter if it's a cigar or a cigarette; in my eyes, a smoker is a smoker, and those who smoke cigars are just as bad as those who smoke cigarettes. For anyone who doesn't identify as a smoker but say that he or she smokes a pot or a cigar every once in a moonphase, I think he or she should be ashamed for even having tried it at all in the first place. One may not identify as an attacker or an injurer, but if he or she injured someone, he or she is just as bad as those who hold such a reputation. For me, it's as plain and simple as that.

While I respect the person's right to do as poorly as they wish to their own bodies, I honestly can never understand why someone would start in the first place. The only leniency I can see myself providing is the fact that one may have given into peer pressure. But speaking of peer pressure, even the chain had to have started somewhere: why did the original smoker start smoking?

I generally don't tell other people that I'm one of the worst when it comes to smoking like I'm telling it here. For even speaking in half the tone that I'm implying here, I've often been accused of insensitivity and/or being too demanding of things that I have no control/power over. For example, when I confront someone or a group of people for smoking too close to the front porch of my appartment suite and ask them if they could do it somewhere or sometime else, not to mention that I sincerely do it in the kindest, calmest manner that I can, he, she or they would be all, "Why the hell are you telling me/us to stop smoking here? I/We can do whatever I/we want! Why don't YOU(!!!) move away??" Sometimes, they even throw in a, "Where are your manners?" (??:rolleyes:slight_smile: (It's interesting how they would speak of my manners when they themselves aren't being courteous of the respiratory health of other people whom their smoking affects).

The most disturbing incident was one that happened last year that especially got me extremely annoyed and disappointed: my roommate had the nerve to bring all ofhis friends over to smoke "weed" (Whatever that is) and pot in the appartment suite's living room after we've both been through it 500 times that I'm extremely bad with smoke. His friends then apologized sarcastically and laughed. And then, oh, the anger he provoked in me (and I mean this literally: I'm not a person to get angry very much in a lifetime), my roommate had an even bigger nerve to call me "unsympathetic" and that I need to learn some "people skills", forgetting the fact that he was being rather uncivil to the very people who were living in his suite. :rolleyes: *sigh* I guess for people like him, once a smoker always a smoker, and they won't admit to doing anything wrong when they do it; they will just never understand in sufficient depth why and how they are bothering and hurting people with their smoking.

#37 LowestVocal017, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  18. LowestVocal017

If I may also add, what's appalling to me is that some of the younger smokers, high-school and adolescent age, go out smoking in public, displaying it as if they aren't going to get into any legal trouble. They should know that the LEGAL age of smoking is 18, or perhaps I was taught wrong information in my government class?

19. Jebs

Honestly Lowest I have never seen anyone get into trouble for smoking except at school (in high school a while back). I don't get a legal age on smoking though. Just like I don't understand a legal age on drinking. So lame.

20. LowestVocal017

Well, I guess that's understandable. After all, if there was a legal age placed on "homosexual activity for men" (that is still currently widespread in many parts of the world!!), I would most likely feel as you do about smoking. :wink: