1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should I talk to?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 19, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yay! Another dreaded thread by your old friend!

So, I have become quite fond of the boy I like (no comment please), and it is getting to the point that I really want to tell him. I get plenty of opportunities everyday to talk to him, but every time I always get nervous and don't. I really want to talk to him but I can't, it's just so scary.

But anyway, I was thinking that I should talk to someone about it, please note that family are out of the question. Friends don't really seem to care about how much I like him, and it would be so embarrassing to tell teachers.

There are only two people I can think of that I could talk to about this situation; my crush himself, and my form tutor. It might seem a bit silly to tell him himself, but I have a feeling that it would be the best option? My form tutor is really caring, and she is always saying to everybody that if there is something that they need to talk about, she will be there for them. She really is one teacher that I really think can give me good advice, but I'm still not sure?

What do you think???

Thanks in Advance!

2. stumble along

Neither of those options sound very good but if I had to pick I guess I would go with the teacher, though the conversation would get rather awkward and she probably would have no idea what to say or do. Teachers are more for education related topics, not for talking about crushes with, unless she was tutoring you in a class about relationships...

3. Cougar

Cougar Guest

Do you know Peter Weir's film Dead Poets Society where the students learn to declare their love to their crushes in spite of the danger of ridiculing themselves? Love demands that you are courageous! If you are only 'fond' of him it is even simpler. What about writing your thoughts down for him, too womanish for your taste?

Keep in mind that married women often have the same problem, only that their husbands are not their crushes any more and that they desperately want to communicate that they find them ridiculous and would like to leave them. But they don't dare it! They also don't dare to write! Please don't follow their bad example.

If you are in love, you could simply tell him: "I am in love". Or "There is a person I really like". And then answer his question. Sorry that I don't know exactly what you mean with your 'fondness', but I guess you got the message. If you don't have servants or intimates you have to bring the message to your beloved always in person.

Nobody said that love is easy! The beginning is difficult, the main part is difficult, and the end is even more difficult. :icon_wink