1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you talk to when there's no-one to talk to?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RainydayTofu, Sep 27, 2017.

1. RainydayTofu

RainydayTofu Guest

To be honest, that does come off a little patronising. Of course I regret starting this thread. I will accept the consequences if I get banned. But I don't think it is possible to delete stuff on here, so to has to stay. JaimeGaye is the only person I have EVER had a disagrement with on EC so it's very unlikely to happen again. Shall I reply to him/her to clarify it was me not you?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trying to be patronising if it came off that way my apologies I was trying to type on my phone in my lunch break so perhaps could have written it better. I think just leave it. Don't let it stop you posting again we all write things from time to time that we regret later.

3. Really

Hey @RainydayTofu (great name, btw)

Firstly, I can feel your frustration and I totally feel for you. I don't get that feeling often but I did have it pretty bad one time and on a whim, I did something that really made me feel better. It was on a weekend and our department had to go into work to do a time sensitive activity. It wasn't going well and I was getting more and more frustrated at the whole situation; how disorganized it was, how long it was taking, wasting my Saturday...

Anyway, what I did was go out into the parking lot and gave out a blood curdling scream. I can't tell you how much better it made me feel! A woman from another department who happened to be working ran out because she thought someone was being murdered so you'll want to find somewhere "safe" to do it. Haha. Granted, mine was a situational frustration but I'd bet it would help dissipate some of the tension for you.

And second, here a link to a post I wrote about finding a job. It's a method I've successfully used to help a few people so maybe it can help you, too.

In the meantime, is the company you work for big enough that it has an HR department and some kind of employee assistance program(s)? Maybe check out the HR section of the intranet and see what they offer. Maybe even just talking to someone at HR will help you to deal with personalities around you.

Best of luck!