1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who can speak/is learning a foreign language?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cubiculum, Mar 13, 2014.

1. sharkpool

Buta? I'm pretty sure you're referring to "puta", which is a bad word. Don't say it!:eusa_naug

2. bamagirl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm double majoring in Spanish and bio, so I speak Spanish and Science :wink:

3. kem

kem

My Swedish helps me understand Norwegian and Danish to an extent, since most of the words are the same. Also a bit of Tatar thanks to Turkish.

I'd like to learn French and Portuguese, and I'm interested in studying in the Netherlands so Dutch would be nice too.

4. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I speak English fluently, then I've studied Swedish for ten years so I should speak it properly. If I took some lessons I think I could remember it again quite easily. At the moment Im studying Spanish and it's been quite intense course so far, 8 hours /week. At first it was all fun and games but now it's so complicated! Would love to speak or use it on my free time more often, though now all the Sspanish online shops have opened their doors for me now, not sure if it is a good thing though :--D

5. Villo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I speak danish and english fluently.

I've had french for 5 years now and I also know a little bit of korean:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Would like to learn more ^.^

6. I know that :lol: Besides, I can speak it to a certain extent, but I can't write it. Also, I learned words like pendejo. What can I say, the spanish-speakers in my neighborhood are pretty vulgar.

#86 anthonythegamer, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  7. brokenpoetry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lingo Dicto de mortii romani (suuuuper tired right now. sluggish with proper declensions)

8. Delorean

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, i don't know if it counts, but i speak portuguse (my mother language) and understand pretty much everything in english

9. Turkishtowel

I'm fluent in Japanese! My moms Japanese and my dad Canadian so I grew up speaking both english and Japanese!! I used to speak a bit if French so I hope I can pick up on that again...

10. kem

kem

^ awww I wish I could speak Japanese :grin: Trying to hone my ears to it, but anime vocabulary is so dull and ambiguous! It's always "mada mada" or "sono toori", or stuff like "I wish that person would do that thing in the place we thought would be that way"

11. Silva

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^I love Japanese as well, had a few classes in it so I can speak a couple sentences and read a few characters, but nothing spectacular.

I'm Dutch, so I speak Dutch :eusa_clap.

I also speak English, and I can manage myself in German and French (not good, but manage. I can order a sandwich and ask directions :icon_wink)

I've also had Latin for six years, which results into being able to kind of understand most European languages (so I can maybekindasorta understand Spanish and Italian through that).
    Also Greek for two years, but I forgot most...

I can also kindasorta understand Danish, Swedish and Nordish because they originated from the same language as German and Dutch.

12. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I'm still learning english and had Latin (thank god!) although this is not a real living language:slight_smile:
    And I can speak irony fluently:grin:

13. MattB

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I speak Portuguese (mother tongue), English, Spanish and French fluently. I'm also learning German. Still A1, though.

As I'm living in the Dutch-speaking area of Belgium, I'm trying to pick up some Dutch by osmosis, but I'm not learning much. Some Flemings say that I can pronounce words very well, but I don't always know what I'm pronouncing, so... XD

I'm impressed by the number of people who can speak Portuguese or who have any interest at all in learning it. XD

---------- Post added 19th Mar 2014 at 09:40 PM ----------

I adore Quebecker French. I wish I could speak like you! XD

14. Kabuki

I speak spanish, which is my native language. English as my secondary language. Japanese, I can read hiragana, katakana is still a bit difficult(need practice) and no kanji at all. I could form sentences and speak, but with the lack of practice I lost it. Also, people say that the spanish Puertoricans speak sounds as if we were singing, I really have no idea why. Also can understand a bit of Portuguese.

15. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I know some german but its hard to speak in german when you are not german

16. Kronux

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm speaking german as my native language, learning English (could be better x)), French (probably fluently) and Italian (A2 or so) at school. I'd LOVE to learn spanish. My stepmother speaks with my little sibblings (is it written this way?x)) russian, so I can understand a little bit. :slight_smile:

17. ornoir29

I've just graduated in Translation. I'm an Italian native speaker and so far I've studied English, German, French and Portuguese. Next languages I'd like to learn: Dutch and Romanian :slight_smile:

18. brokenpoetry

Out Status:
    Some people
    Salve soror!

19. Doorway

I'm sorta kinda fluent in French, and I know some Spanish.

20. Kellyve

I speak fluent English and Dutch. They say Dutch is the hardest language to learn, but it's pretty much German without the weird grammar and with some difficult to pronounce words