white spots on tonsils

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayNurse95, May 5, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is weird. I discovered them yesterday in the mirror. I do not have anything going on, except a sore throat. its not red or swollen. My temps fine. I am doing fine as well. I haven;t kissed anyone for years.
    They are tiny. I tried getting them out with a cotton swab but kept gagging. I got a tiny piece out. Symptoms are white spots, sore throat, hard time swallowing and heavy breathing.
    I was very sick a few weeks ago. I was tested for strop and it was negative.
    Please help!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommend having yourself tested for strep again. Tonsilitis is no fun, I just got over a bout of it myself.

3. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is Tonsillitis as i used to have it every other week until i got them took out. Get your doc to check just in case.

4. NekoBasu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It sounds like tonsil stones. Even if you have good dental hygiene, if your tonsils have any irregularities to their surface, food debris and bacteria can get caught in those little dips and a tonsil stone can form. They can vary in size but if you get a big one it can make your tonsils feel very tender and cause bad breath.

Be careful about dislodging them though as this may create an area of open skin on the tonsils that may be exposed to infection, and strep throat can potentially develop from this.

I'm speaking from experience of having had strep and tonsil stones several times in my life.

My most recent time my doctor advised that regular gargling of mouthwash is the best way to prevent them and potentially dislodge any forming ones.