1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White House assures skeptics on 'don't ask'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/09/top_white_house_aide_says_dadt.html

2. donnie5

this is typical obama... "oh don't worry we had a chance to abolish dont ask dont tell but we didnt wnt to pay for guns but dont worry were still thinking about you. obama has been in mho a let down to the gay community espcially considering the promises he made in his 2008 campaign which is the reason I voted for him. to me it seems like he lied to us for our votes. and honestly i dont think i would give him mine again in 2012 I don't think im gonna vote I've lost faith in both of the parties in this country and whole heartedly believe that neither of them give a good god damn about the people.

3. RedState

I see his knack for the spectacular is still intact...i like the tone of it.
    It rings sincere and pretty near succeeds.
    It's just his narrative...not a trace of honesty.
    He's too unconvincing as he strains to please.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WELL THEN HURRY UP AND REPEAL It!!!

5. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, there were a lot of undertones of bias for Obama in that article.

It will get repealed eventually, despite all the stupid political games holding it up. There's more and more public support for it as well as apparent judicial support. Even the pentagon has taken a public stance in favor of the repeal.

I assume we won't see any progress at least until after the elections. If they did something about it before then, they lose a hot button campaign platform. After all, we all know that their campaigns are far more important than human rights.:dry: