1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the line between monosexualism and a big preference?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Invidia, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    If I were to describe my sexuality, I'd say I'm pan with a quite big preference for guys. On some days I'm basically only into guys though. I don't know... feeling a bit lost for some reason. ._. Don't really know what to say... XD I think I may be drunk (no, I haven't been drinking). Anyway, where do you think is the line between being monosexual and being bi/pan but with a big preference?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there's a distinct line. If you think your attraction to other genders is significant to your identity, if you think it's likely that you'll date people of other genders, etc. it probably makes sense to ID as pan with a preference. If it's fairly rare for you to really experience attraction to other genders, if you think you're likely to only date men, etc. it probably makes sense to ID as just being interested in men. Ultimately, the lines between monosexual and bi/pan with a preference are pretty subjective, and it comes down to how the person sees their own sexuality.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Thanks, Jesse. :slight_smile: Well... Hmm... it kind of depends on the day for me, my sexuality is quite fluid like that... But I guess that most of the time I only see myself dating men, and I'm not very often attracted to women or non-binary people, it's more often just, like, "Oh, she/they is cute", but mostly I guess that's not something I would like to act on... eh... I don't know... XD I'm kind of in no-man's-land in between pan and straight because, like, yeah, I do experience attraction to all genders, it's just that usually my attraction to males is a lot more prominent.
    Hmm... I'll see what I'll do. ^^