1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to go for HRT?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EeyoreMac, Jan 4, 2018.

1. EeyoreMac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey folks,

So I've been ready to begin HRT for a long time, but I live in a small town with literally everyone HOURS away from me. I have no car, no license, nothing. It's hard for me to travel anywhere. I can't get to a therapist who could provide a letter, and while I do have a current therapist who I'm working with in my hometown, he's not trained really for this. He's willing to write a letter if I can find someone to provide hormones, but he's never done it before so it could be a problem. I have to drive more than an hour to get anywhere near an LGBT group or a place with resources, so I'm doing all this on my own. It's difficult to find information online too because I don't live near big cities.

Does anyone know of good places in Pennsylvania that does informed consent? Or anyone in Ohio or lower New York that would take patients from out of state? Or places willing to work with me? Because I can't travel that much right now, I need to go somewhere that isn't going to make me jump through a lot of hoops, which I've heard some people have had experiences like that.

PS: I've heard about the Mazzoni Center, but it's about 5 hours away from me. I've also talked to my primary physician and there's no endos near me, and they don't feel comfortable prescribing hormones to me. I've heard some primaries will and only refer you to endos when there's a problem. :frowning2:

Help please.