1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to begin..?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by urien1, Jun 14, 2016.

1. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know where to start..please forgive my ignorance in regards to current proper terminology, as I've been pretending to be someone else for the past several years..
    I work in an environment that is extremely heteronormative, and would more than likely fire me if I walked in dressed as I felt. Any advice on coming out slowly..?

2. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Rushing things may end up with the opposite results, I think starting slowly as you mentioned, is the way to go , not just for your work but for your neighbors or any other people in your life that you may worry about, and most important is about yourself , this will give you the time to see how much comfortable you are when dressing according to your true gender.

I highly recommend to begin with unisex items
    I remember those days when i used have two appointment on the same day, one with some people i knew for sure i would never EVER! want dress while meeting with them, so i had to meet with them as a guy, and the other appointment was with my gender counseling , which at the time she was the most person that i can feel more comfortable to meet with while dressed ,
    I know this sound like TC in MI which he had to transform his looks, i used carry with me one set of accessories for each gender, two watches two sunglasses two scarves and some female accessories , one unisex handbag that can fit one of the sets, one unisex winter coat, I finish my first appointment as a male, once i'm done , I go to my gender counseling place, i do the quick change overthere, i finish my session with her, then i spent the rest of my day dressed the way i want, i stayed that way for long, it was really hard for me to do this at the time, then i start to leave the male items at home, one at a time
    this gradually lead me to be comfortable to dress what match my true gender, and also gave people the time to digest the idea,
    I can't say for sure that people will have the full acceptance of it , this vary between people ,some people are all about the negative ,and some other people are just wonderful and no matter what they'll accept others for who they're, so to be honest i stopped seeing this negative people which i had to meet with them as a male. and i focused more on the positive one.

I hope this helps, and good look to you.

3. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
  4. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you! I'll definitely take your advice into consideration!:slight_smile: