1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do we fall on the sexuality scale?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TobaccoFlower, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *coming back from school, in my pajamas, drinking a cup of hot cocoa. I turn on the computer and click to see how the replies have gone to this thread and----* "...What have I created?..."

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2016 at 09:42 PM ----------

I wanted to interject what I've fund just because I have been thinking about this off and on. I KNOWwwwwwwww I'm responding to my own question (sue me) but.

I've actually been kinda... Looking. And I've been on a dating site and I've actually gotten a LOT of straight men hitting on me. I mean. A lot. Gay men don't seem interested, Lesbians have been interested in a less... INTERESTED way. And I haven't seen anything from straight women... (that and there are a lot of pan people so WOO!!)
    Um. I live in a very forward thinking community, but I would like to point out that I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I THINK that sexual orientation MIGHT just actually be... More widely accepted as inclusive of trans people as their preferred gender. At least in MY community.
    I don't think I "pass" very well, but I make sure people DO know I'm PRE EVERYTHING when they talk to me and not a single person has backed away, thought their profile clearly indicates that they're NOT bisexual and NOT interested in men.
    I'm actually so NOT worried about it personally that I didn't expect you all to reply this much.
    Especially not this... Um. Passionately? *trying not to make eye contact with a certain girl who seems a little frustrated with the way our society has been set up*

Like. Have you all not been... Approached by people who express interest in you? Like, do you not get hit on by people who aren't pan or bi?

#21 TobaccoFlower, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. GenderSciFi

Nah, maybe there's something about masculinity and my general body language that makes folks think I should take care of most of the hitting-on :confused:
    But seriously, when anybody smiles at me for more that a second, I can't go up to them and be like: "HEY, STRANGER, WHAT IS YOUR SEXUALITY? WHY ARE YOU SMILING AT ME IN A CERTAIN WAY? WHAT GENDER DO YOU THINK I AM? DO YOU WANT A DRINK?" (although that would be fun... for me)
    I think until I'm more confident in... whatever this is... I'm not going to even consider a person until I know for a fact that they are super-duper aware and pan and everything. But if you feel like a lot of people are going to be cool with your gender, just go for it and have a lot of date-fun (*hug*) I think there's great experiences to be experienced out there.

3. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that is a really valid thing to note. I am more worried about smiles and staring being signals that I got clocked than signals that I am getting hit on