1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When your sexual orientation doesn't correspond with your romantic one?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TaniwhaLex, Jul 30, 2017.

1. TaniwhaLex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically the situation I'm in is I don't care who I sleep with, but I could only see myself in a long-term relationship with another woman. It's possible to be bisexual/pansexual while being homoromantic, right? Help...

2. Rambo112

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just follow your heart

#2 Rambo112, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I do believe it is possible to be more romantically or sexually attracted to one sex over the other. Sexuality is a very fluid thing. Most bisexuals will also often lean towards one sex over the other. As for myself, for example, I see myself more in a romantic relationship with guys as opposed to girls, but that's not to say that I would never get into a romantic relationship with a girl. As for the sexual attraction, I can't really say there being as I don't exactly feel sexual attraction very much...Lol.

Bottom line is, yes I do believe it's possible. There are many bisexuals/pansexuals on this site even that identify as homoromantic or heteromantic.

I hope that helped a little :slight_smile:

BothWaysSecret likes this.
  4. imacoolkid

imacoolkid Guest

It seems pretty widely accepted if you ask me, but there are people who think that sexual and romantic attractions go hand in hand and therefore the whole -romantic label is "unnecessary". I personally think it's possible to be bi/pansexual and homoromantic, though the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with your labels. Don't let anyone speak for how you feel or do not feel, only you can know. Or maybe you don't really know, and that's totally cool, too. We don't need to be 100 % certain about our sexual/romantic interests anyway, if we find somebody we like then that's all that matters, right?

5. TaniwhaLex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys :slight_smile:
    Trouble is I'm 110% certain on the romanticism (female/feminine people only thanks so much) it was just the complete lack of sexual preference that was bugging me a little.

6. mattblack

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi from Auckland!
    I think it is. I haven't figured myself out entirely, but I think my preference is for guys emotionally and girls sexually.
    I don't hear about this situation much so was glad to see your post.