1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When, where and the place you realized that you were you gay/lesbian?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gay and proud, May 21, 2013.

1. Trev

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first day of 7th grade when we had to change for PE class and I saw the hunky 9th grade guys in their tighty whities. WOOF!

2. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before High School, I had come to the conclusion that I was asexual, after never actually finding any attraction towards females. (Sometimes, I would think to myself "How am I going to have sex with my future girlfriend? How will I reach an orgasm during it?" Oh how silly I was.)

During Freshman year, in my English class, I repetitively caught myself staring at this really hot male classmate that sat near me. Then, I started having romantic thoughts about him. Then, during Sophomore year, I started going full horn dog and started crushing on every single guy around. I inevitably just stopped questioning it. But I didn't really concern myself too much with it. It wasn't until junior year when I would start really yearning for a romantic relationship. Knowing full well that my father wouldn't accept it, I simply hid in the feelings and repressed them.

I went through an internal battle between me being okay with my sexuality to me being absolutely ashamed of it. I still have these battles today, but, I guess we'll see what the future holds.

3. DianaLives

I was 14 and it was mid december, and i was on a trip to new york (isnt that funny?). I was on the computer in the room that i was staying in and I was reading a comic that made me think about how being gay doesnt mean you have to be feminine, now i was having that preocupation at the time, so i guess it just clicked right in to make me realize.

4. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even know what gay really WAS until I was about 12. Sure, I knew some people were gay but I had no idea what it really meant. One day I was on instagram filling out one of those 20 questions things and it said "what is your sexual orientation?" and I was like "shit."
    I put down "asexual or bisexual, but not straight" and I was questioning until I was 13 and got a crush on a girl. I thought about it a LOT and figured that yeah, there's no way I want to go near dudes. I don't think there was a specific moment, but I guess I've always just been aware that I don't like boys apart from "some boys have cute faces". I just didn't know I liked girls.

(when i say some boys have cute faces I mean like, puppy cute)

5. Closetlesbian99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I figure it out when I was about 12, when I realized I had developed a giant crush on my (female) best friend.

I would've probably realized I was lesbian earlier if my parents didn't indoctrinate me to think being gay was something bad. :/

I now realize how super gay I was when I was little. I only had female dolls. A lot of the time I would undress them and just look at their boobs, in a fascinated kind of way, sort of feeling whatever the little-kid equivalent of arousal is.

6. wanderinggirl

Probably earlier but my "moment" was when I was at a halloween party and got really drunk and my friend touched my arm and all of a sudden I felt gay.

7. Kate Lee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was reading books with lesbian characters or seeing movies with them, I did the same thing. As long as I wasn't too attracted to them, I wasn't gay, because I really couldn't be and didn't want to be. Later I started wondering why I liked these books and movies so much and if that didn't actually mean something... And if real straight people would be quite as much interested as I was in the first place lol.

8. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time that I had any 'feelings' towards girls, at least that I acknowledged was August 2012. I was watching the music video for Joan Jett singing 'I hate myself for loving you'. It was exactly 0:16 seconds into the song where she kind of winks. BOOM. I didn't come out to myself until three months later, but that was when I first sort of 'knew'.

9. the haunted

College when I had a huge crush on a lesbian. Not going to lie, I still do have a crush on her kind of lol. Everything I felt before that I wrote off as bicuriosity. It's amazing the things I would write off as "curiosity"... I did the gayest stuff... I just knew that a lot of girls claimed to be bisexual and were really just curious. I assumed the same was for me.

10. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A dance at a 3 day 6th grade camp. My guy crush looked really nice, and i wanted to dance with him, but i repressed the urge. then i freaked out afterwards in the cabin. but that was the first time i realized i liked him

11. uniqueness

uniqueness Guest

I knew that I was attracted to the same gender before I even knew the label for it.

12. Benj

Benj Guest

Just 1.5 years ago, now I'm 17. While I wonder why I find guys more attractive than girls but I thought I just curious at that time. Now, I fully accept myself but still hate label on it, ew.

13. Candace

Well this was probably my sophomore year of high school. I was 15. I kept wondering why I was so interested in looking up naked guys, learning about that stuff, and just putting all the pieces together later. Why I liked staying later than usual in the gym locker room, and having a crush on some of the guys in my class. It just all made sense one day.