1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the old you falls away...and the you you've always been embraces moment every day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Imjustjulien, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Sonata

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Julien. In another thread, l have asked if somebody can recommend a book or a movie about coming to a surprising realization about oneself later in life. Now l think why should l need a book at all? I can instead read your writings over and over again and they will fulfill me better than any other literarily work. Truly.

Imjustjulien likes this.
  2. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sonata, you're gorgeous, thank you so much. I just had the thought, with a smile, I'm an old homo and a new homo rolled into one. It seems there is a self reinforcing power in writing, as each day after expressing my feelings, sharing ideas and absorbing those of others, I feel delightfully more and more gay. That queer artistic and flamboyant boy from childhood. And in that it becomes less and less tangible, more emphemeral, more encompassing... beyond the label of gay, of this or that. Expressed in being. It is a 'joy'.

What was that film called, the incredible lightness of being... maybe that is where self awareness appears. If you can grab it, thats not it. While at the same time expressive in all sorts of ways.

Such a homo am I. I love that there is that notion of gaydar, I've always been aware of it, and now its nice to be open, self aware and welcoming to it, to see and be seen. There is the deeply sensual and sexual engagement of course, and that is rich, but also a much deeper more subtle connection and understanding that ripples between us, like sharing of writings right here. How wonderful.

#22 Imjustjulien, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017