When someone argues against homosexuality using HIV as their point, what do you day?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ezkill, Apr 6, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: When someone argues against homosexuality using HIV as their point, what do you d

"HIV is most prevalent in straight african american women now, and straight people in general."

2. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: When someone argues against homosexuality using HIV as their point, what do you d

Hiv is widespread in every part of the world and it does affect both homosexuals and straight. It's not a matter of sexuality. However some people manage to avoid this virus by having safe sex.

Hiv is not a fault at all, and it can't be used as a justification to homophobia.
    BTW even if it were believed to be a fault, I'd day ''Oh, the fact that some straight men commit rape doesn't mean that every straight man does it, so I wouldn't use it as an argue against heterosexuality''.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

HIV is a risk for ANYBODY. Heterosexuals have a large risk for it too, and even though anal -may- be riskier, I've known more straight people who didn't bother using protection or getting themselves checked compared to gay people who did. Hell, there are religious people that have anal to 'save themselves for marriage', and nobody argues against this do they?

People are also forgetting that lesbians are homosexuals and part of the gay community, but yet they have the lowest rate of STDs in regards to any sexuality out there.