1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When people say "Well, we always suspected", when you come out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Leela80

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've only told one person. They nicely said "I try not to to assume anything with anyone." A few weeks later I said "You knew I was right?" She said "Oh of course I knew!"

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    While, I've never actually told my family, my younger brother definitely suspects/knows that I am gay. He's seen that I have a pink MP3 player and pink umbrella. When he asked I told him that the MP3 player was the only color the store had in stock of that brand (which is true, but I did really want a pink one), and the umbrella is because I am always losing/leaving behind dark colored umbrellas, and pink is easier to see (also true, but not as much of the reason why I got a pink one).

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... it's never happened to me. I have received the shocked, deer-in-the-headlights look every time I came out to someone. I'm used to it now and sometimes it's actually humorous to know that they are gong to be surprised and startled. Of course, I didn't start coming out until I was 64! So I guess it makes sense that people who have known me for a long time would be surprised

4. Loves books

When I told my mother I was gay she was shocked and I had been hinting for years. When I told my sister she said 'tell me something I didn't know'. It was kind of obvious I was 19 never had a boyfriend and wasn't going crazy over whatever popular male celebrity was considered hot then. I also don't own a dress or skirt and don't wear any makeup. My sister saw those as stereotypical lesbian traits.