1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When a female hits a male...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Oct 8, 2015.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

If a guy hit me first then I would hit him back, the same goes for a women. I don't agree with treating someone different because they are of a different sex. If anything, its the individuals fault for attacking first regardless if they are a man or a women.

Some people think you should give your seat up on the bus for a women when there are no seats available. Its sexist because it suggests that women are weaker when they are not.

2. Ryu

Ryu

Hang them by their own intestine until crows have ripped out there eyes, then give them a viking burial.

3. Beebop

Beebop Guest

Women hitting men isn't some funny inverse of men hitting women. I had a friend whose wife would hit or try to beat him, often in front of their kids, causing their kids to freak out and cry. The only reason to hit someone is in self-defense. If you only get hit once and the person makes an attempt to get away from you and leave the situation, chasing after them to retaliate is not self-defense. Repeated hits require neutralization and restraint of the aggressor.

If someone past the age of five is still hitting people when they get upset or is otherwise unable to control themselves physically, they need to be left alone. There is nothing like dropping someone like the a-hole that they are to get the point across that their behavior is unacceptable. In the case of the friend I mentioned, it important to report it to the police so that there is a history of this person's violent behavior.

4. thepandaboss

Ah, yes. "Take it like a man". Because it's okay for women to abuse men.... Right. Thanks. I'll let my former mother-in-law, a woman with several screws loose, know that I thank her for strangling me.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is this show called "What Would You Do?" By ABC news and they do social experiments and get reactions and responses on camera. One of the experiments was on physical abuse in romantic relationships. The reaction for when the boy hit the girl was "it's abuse" and people stepped in to help the girl from her boyfriend. However when this was reversed, and the girl was hitting the boy, the reaction was very different. Some cheered the girl on, and when asked why, they said something like "served him right. He probably cheat on her"

The difference did open my eyes, and though I wasn't surprised, seeing the side-by-side comparison made it more powerful. It's probably to do with the fact that on average, women are more physically weak, slightly, and don't get taken as seriously, which in this case is a big problem.

I think any gender or sex is just as capable of abuse, and any gender can be a victim of abuse and to tell someone that this is okay, to man up, that's wrong.

6. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No one should hit back, if anything, grab each wrist to prevent violence.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If a woman hits a man, she levels the playing field, and he's allowed to hit her back. If he doesn't believe in hitting a woman, he could pull her over his lap and give her a hiding, like you'd do with a child...

8. Willa

This is actually an issue that's very close to my heart. Anyone can be a victim of domestic violence and sexual assault - straight women, gay women, straight guys, gay guys, cis people, trans people... anybody. But there only seem to be good resources for straight women. This is a huge problem. Unfortunately there is only so much that the individual can do to fix this.

Gentlemen: If your partner, whether they are male, female, or something else, is abusing you, tell someone. You may not be able to tell the cops, depending on where you live and what your area's culture and laws are like. If you can't go to the police and make a domestic violence report, go to your family. If you're not out to your family, go to a friend. Talk to someone. And get out.

Being a victim of domestic abuse does not make you weak. It does not make you less of a man. You are just as deserving of help as anyone else. Stand up for yourself. But remember that responding to violence with more violence never solves anything.