1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your fave GBLT coming-of-age film?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by brasilboy1, Nov 30, 2008.

1. 2qt2bblond

Imagine me and you :grin:D
    really sweet... although the girl is reallllly annoying.

2. tm74

tm74 Guest

And thanks to being off work sick (cold/fluey thing) I've now watched it - fantastic.

As for "Just a question of Love" I can so relate the character who is closeted from his family, 'cos he knows how they'll react.

3. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I can honestly say I hated Get Real. The lead character was kind of annoying and he was spending all this time drooling over this closet case who treated him like shit. It drove me nuts.

My top five (may or may not be coming of age)

1. L.I.E.
    2. Mysterious Skin
    3. Latter Days
    4. Running With Scissors
    5. C.R.A.Z.Y.

4. missmelancholy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I may be the only one to say this, but I don't have a favorite. Because I don't watch many "coming of age" films in the first place and the ones I have were on regular TV when nothing else was on, so yeah, no gay ones.

5. jman1013

jman1013 Guest

Shelter, by far. It is just lovely.

6. blpate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    boy culture was great and also i think that the rule of attraction with james vanderbeek, ian somerhauld and jessica beil is agreat movie about just coming into yourself

7. Not all of these are coming of age films but I've only just very recently started watching films with gay leads and I wanted to list them.

Beautiful Thing - Such a cute story, it made me feel all mushy inside.

Boy Culture - I liked this one, although the part where X and the old guy made out didn't appeal to me at all.

Eating Out and Eating Out 2, Sloppy Seconds - They were fun films. He jizzed on his mum. (oO)

FAQs - The acting was pretty bad but it was a nice story.

HellBent - Hahaha a gay slasher, classic. Hot guys too, such a shame. The last part was...interesting.

Latter Days - I loved it, I'm watching it again right now.

Loggerheads - I liked this one too, it was sad though.

Shelter - Loved it, this was the first one I watched and I downloaded it by chance. It started my quest to see more gay films.

Transamerica - I didn't think this would be my cup of tea but I really did enjoy this movie, I'd recommend it.

The Trip - Loved it too, it was sad though. :frowning2:

So those are a few of the movies I've watched this week, sadly you can't buy them in my town.
    I downloaded them all but I want to own them because they're all so good.

I haven't watched Summerstrum yet because I need to get the subtitles to work.

8. quickymart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoy LGBT movies, but I honestly find alot of them too sexual (its not always a bad thing). So movies like Another Gay Movie and Boy Culture would not make my list.

"Shelter" Its a pretty light drama with a lot of cute happy scenes, which I like since there are so many movies that already fill the drama quoto. The two guys are just normal dudes in a unsterotypical setting that happen to love eachother. The sex scene is also tastefully done. The don't even have intercourse since not every guy believes in that.

"Latter days" While Shelter is more light and sugarcotted, Latter days tries to be more ambitious since it deals with a mormon. It handles the story well and you feel connected to them. Also, if you like eye candy, then you'll like this movie.

"In and Out" This is definetely fits light hearted comedy. It also a family oriented movie, yes I said family (if ur family knows ur gay). Its one of the first mainstream movies dealing with gays, so its kinda old, but still hilarous! It also has an overwhelmingly happy ending. Think of "Its a Wonderful Life" happy. (if you watch the dancing scene on youtube, you'll be hooked)

"Coffeee Date" Its a more recent-ish movie. It's about a straight guy who everyone thinks is gay. Its a very unique stroyline, that is both witty, laugh out loud funny, and also very very very sweet.

9. acorn7

Haha, I have to say I have the same complaints about Get Real, though I still kind of liked it. I adore Mysterious Skin and C.R.A.Z.Y. :slight_smile: And I think Latter Days was the first gay movie I saw, it is very cute.

L.I.E. looks interesting, I'm going to watch it.

10. Charles Marcus

Shelter.

Seen Beautiful thing, sommersturm but Shelter is best of the best.

That moment on stairs when they are kissing is awesome.

11. Endlessnight500

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw CAMP for the first time. WOW!!!! That movie was awesome, and Vlad is SO HOT lol

12. Markio

One movie that isn't really "comin of age" is Boys in the Band, a movie from 1970. It was really sad with very biting humor, but it did make history as the first movie where the gay characters don't die. Or something like that, it may also have to do with lead characters, or movies revolving around homosexuality, like Children's Hour. Now THAT one was sad...

13. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Love of Siam (sweet and captivating story "comming of age")
    Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss (great comedy without being explicit)
    Tan Lines (crazy weird but its GLBT)
    Breakfeast with scot (cute twist on gay parenting)
    RENT(classic)

#93 Legnaj, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  14. littledinosaurs

LOST & DELIRIOUS
    such a good movie <3