1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with wanting to feel pretty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by twosoups, May 22, 2015.

1. twosoups

I finally did something I've been wanting to for years, although it took a little liquid courage to do so. Partly why they look so bad. Also it's my first time, and I have an unsteady hand. What do yall think about guys and polish? Also, any pointers on how to sick less at application techniques? The color choice was mostly a middle finger at silly gender conformity.

Attached Files:

2. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They look great! :slight_smile: painting nails is a lot of fun, just don't worry to much about the mistakes and have fun, it just takes some practice is all~

3. SilkySilhouette

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Blue and pink... two of my favorite colors ( :

When I was a little kid I once did the same, but as far as I remember I did it on my fingernails.
    Personally I have nothing against 'guys and polish'. If doing it makes you feel good - then keep doing it ^ ^

4. SpangleDangle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    definitely! love blue and pink too, especially bright blue, they look lovely on most guys to me.
    I admire guys who are brave enough to wear polish, and Nekoko is right its a lot of fun to practice! I have badly shaky hands...so usually end up painting them by accident lol.
    yh screw gender conformity- who says polish is for girls anyway :eusa_danc

take care :thumbsup:

5. Justinian20

I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel pretty and I wish I could paint my nails but my parents would be like, "It's a girls thing only girls do it, how many boys do you see on the street doing it." Well Mum, I am not like all the guys on the street cause half of them are macho men. (That's my reaction).

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice nails~ I like the colors!!
    I think it's awesome you painted your nails, many other guys wouldn't because it's "not manly, too feminine" but who cares? I think it looks cool! Screw gender conformity, as you said!
    I guess experience makes you do it better? Personally, I draw a lot so I have a steady hand, but when I paint my right hand with my left, it's a disaster. But yeah, practicing makes it look more perfect but you did pretty good!

7. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like pretty men.
    give me a guy with really nice skin and fem features that takes the time to make himself pretty and he owns me.

8. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I think anyone can wear nail polish. If you like it and it makes you feel good, and it isn't harming anyone else, do it. My best friend in high school used to paint his nails all the time.

As for getting better and making less mistakes, you just have to practice. Pretty much just keep doing it, and you'll get better. :slight_smile:

9. MORTAL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kewl :slight_smile: My opinion on such a matter is summarized as follows: meh.

10. InsertUserHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You do you, bud. While some guys such as myself tend to go for more traditionally masculine guys, you'll find plenty of people who love guys who love guys with polish. Just do whatever makes you happy

11. CyanChachki

Q-Tips and nail polish remover. It's so handy when you accidentally run over the sides of your nail. Try to get it before it goes hard, if you can. It comes off a lot easier. Clear nail lacquer helps the nail stay in tact and not chip. Once it does chip, take off the nail polish and re-do your nails instead of painting over the chipped area, it adds unnecessary layers and therefore, harder to take off. Best of all, do NOT buy cheap or old nail polish. It will chip easier and/or won't stick to the nail. The older nail polish is easy to identify. Some polishes will have their oil at the top and separated from the polish it's self. Shake it and if it doesn't mix or mix well, don't buy it. A better but more tricky way to figure out if the polish is old is if you see only one left of a certain kind, open it up. If it's stiff, clumpy or chunky, don't buy it.

12. Formality

Neat! When I was a kid I used to paint my nails. Stopped doing it tho cus you know... society. I've been thinking about painting my nails lately just to give society's gender norms a good ol' kick in the nuts... or vagina.... whatever... whichever. It would be quite fun to see how people react as well.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Pretty = Weak.

Needs more MANLINESS.

Raaawr!

14. Formality

yeeesss!
    Paint them with BLOOD

15. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    please blood isnt enough these days for manly men at least where i live :roflmao:

and OP honey this looks fabulous and so cool (*hug*) :kiss:
    i always wished to do that but i still live with my homophobic dad who thinks i should make my voice sound more like a man and when he saw that my chest is shaven he thought im getting done by guys older than me i mean WTF anything has to do with being a bottom or even gay ! :eusa_doh: