1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's wrong with me? :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by atomic dorito, Mar 15, 2016.

1. atomic dorito

Hello, Atomic Dorito speaking, Why is it that I always lose friends and family when they find out I'm lesbian? I've been kicked out of three churches and counting, I've been threatened, I've been banned from speaking to thirteen different people, and it's only because i'm interested in other women. I hadn't told them, they just found out through assumption, and I guess they decided to hate me for it, but here's the real kicker, i'm only fifteen years of age. Is it going to be like this for the rest of my life?:icon_sad:

2. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. There is NOTHING wrong with you, it's the closed minded people that surround us who have the problem. Churches in particular... they preach love, understanding and tolerance when they practice just the opposite. Part of it might be were you live... I know the south is a rough place to be different in any kind of way. I think people in general are good but you get those who just can't stand anything that is not in their comfort zone. We're always here if you need to chat or vent. I've been getting some negative responses to me coming out last week but I can handle it. Being you're age things are going to seem worse than they are but you'll be okay... Hang in there!

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment, try to keep those that are supportive and accept you close to you. Just remember that society is becoming more understanding and accepting as a whole, some places are just taking a little longer to catch up than others. I can guarentee that as you get older it will get better. If you end up going to uni people are a lot more open minded there, you'll find a lot of people in the same boat as you and you should feel a lot more comfortable. I know it seems like a long way off but even in the next couple years at high school people change and are seen to not care as much about things that don't directly affect them. Essentially though, school does suck.

Do you know of any LGBT+ groups near you? I know it's a long shot but there must be something that you can find if there's not a group at school. Just somewhere you can go to have some support and meet likeminded people - not feel so alone.

4. Aw, nothing is wrong with you. It will get better. The problem is that the teenage years can be tough on someone that's different. Ignorant people get threatened and then feel like they have to exclude you. I would echo finding lgbt support. There has to be some kind of group out there. You have this forum to connect too.

5. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it is - for all the haters - but not for you. They will all live out the rest of their lives miserably under the control of rules that they don't even understand but that's their choice. If they're lucky then someone like you will help them break away from that sad existence but only if they are willing.
    You on the other hand will live your life in search of happiness and love and you will find it but only because the suffering existence of those that are around you now has motivated you to live a better life.
    Whilst your sexuality may be causing you some unhappiness at this stage in your life, you will one day look back and think how lucky you were that being different saved you from what could have been a very depressing hate filled life.