1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up everyone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nisomer, Apr 12, 2006.

1. nisomer

Hey everyone! Been a while since I've posted here, but I have been coming back and reading once in a while. These past 2/3 months have been CRAZY for me. But now I'm on spring break so yea! I guess I'm just gonna give an update on what's been goin on, even though many of you probably don't care! TOO BAD. :slight_smile:

Okay, so I really don't know where to start. If you don't know already, I am REALLY close to my extended family on both of my parents' sides, and both of the familes kind of form a circle in the marriages...it's really hard to explain so thats as far as I'm gonna go. ANYWAYZ, in December I came out to one of my female cousins, KN, who is about a year old than me. She asked me online why I didn't have a girlfriend yet and then I told her. At first she thought I was joking with her, and she kept saying "no your not! liar!" but then eventually believed me. She then (with my permission) went to tell her brother's girlfriend, and my other cousins girlfriend, let's call her TR.

So January came by, and so 3 people 'in the family' know. At the end of January I decided to tell KN's brother (a different one lol), TN. I tell him online, he didn't believe me either. I said "I'm gay", he said "good. stop bothering me." LOL! (I had actually become really close to him before this and he was the first guy I told) So since he didn't believe me, I called him and told him on the phone. We didn't get a chance to talk much because he was studying, but he accepted it.

The next day, I get home from school and realize that my grandma on my dad's side, who lives a block away from me, was in the hospital. My aunt had brought her there because she had a fever, but soon realized after she was tested that she had internal bleeding. Now my grandma had had Alzheimers for about 5 or 6 years now, and she could no longer speak, nor walk. At the hospital my sister and I cried, trying to deal with these new thoughts in our mind, while at the same time bringing back memories of the loss of our grandpa on our mother's side less than a year ago.

The next two weeks I had tons of thoughts going through my mind. While my aunt and her family came down from California to visit my grandma, I was trying to spend time with them, worry about my grandma, keep up with my schoolwork (which I had already fallen behind on), and prepare for a my own guitar concert which was coming up in a month. On top of that, I was still worried about how TN was reacting to my coming out because I had not seen him for a while.

On February 14th, valentines day, I was called down during class to go to the attendence office. While walking down I was wondering why I was being called down. Detention? No. Tardies? No. Parents calling me out? Then it hit me. She was gone. The attendence ladies gave me a pass to leave school and told me that my parents wanted me to go to the hospital right away. That is as far as I am going to go about my grandma, more details will just be sad. We had a funeral 4 days later. But that whole week, I could not keep my head straight for a single second. There was always something in my mind, distracting me.

The rest of February I was busy catching up on schoolwork, and practicing for my concert on March 3rd. The 2 weeks flew by faster than you could say "GAY", and I soon enough I was sitting on stage playing my concert entitled, "A Night of Latin Guitar". The concert was a success, around 60 people were there and I played well.

The month of March I had to prepare for a guitar competition in April, along with sing in some choir concerts for school. April came along, and the at the compitition I did not make it to the finals. I really think that I burned out, because I had no motivation for practicing. I also ended up failing honors chemistry. This was the only class I could not catch up on and I failed.

And now it is spring break for me. Saturday night I was at a family dinner/party. Probably over 100 ppl there. Saw a lot of my cousins. On Monday, TR, told me that she had told her boyfriend (my cousin) JK, about 2 weeks ago. I kind of got a little bit mad, but was also relieved that I didn't have to tell him myself. So he has known for 2 weeks, and hasn't acted different with me. Last night, KN, TN, JK, and I were in the car going to eat with the family. I confronted JK about his girlfriend telling me and everything was COOL! Now here I am sitting on the computer, getting ready for a guitar lesson and going to tell my teacher that I want to take a break.

WOW, just realized that I wrote like a whole BOOK. SORRY!

2. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds as if you have had a bit of a hard time recently, but I am glad that things look as if they may be able to get back to whatever normal may be (I haven't worked "normal" out yet).

When a similar thing happened to my grandmother, she was in South Wales and I was just south of London and so there was no easy way of commuting to the hospital other than 6 hours on the train, so that made things harder, but I can certainly understand what you must have felt, and if you are like me, are still feeling about your loss and I know it can be very hard, but as you have found out things can work out, and they seem to have done regarding your cousins.

Will

Apologies if that didn't make any sense - I got up rather early this morning and am therefore quite tired.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hey nk1114 - welcome back! You've certainly had a hectic couple of months, and I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma and also your problems catching up with school work.

Hopefully you will get a chance to relax and unwind over the holiday. It sounds like you really need it. :sleep:

Good news about the cousins and other family members though. :icon_smil