1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the difference between finding some attractive and being attracted to them?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Levi323, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Levi323

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never had a crush on a girl before, but sometimes I'll see a woman who I find attractive. Do any other gay people also find the opposite gender attractive?

2. Aelin56

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not gay but I think it's completely normal to find the opposite sex attractive even if you're gay. As long as you're not attracted to someone in a sexual way, just purely aesthetic, it doesn't have to say anything about your sexual orientation. You can just think that a girl is pretty, just like you can see a flower or a sunset and think that it's pretty. Also you might just recognize that someone is objectively attractive, and has the qualities that are considered attractive by current beauty standards.
    I think that a lot of gay men find women beautiful - there are a lot of gay małe fashion designers who design clothes for women. Of course they must know which clothes would make women look flattering.

Searching2022, Ipswichfan and Levi323 like this.
  3. Levi323

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thank you! your analogy about the flower and sunset helped a lot c:

Aelin56 likes this.
  4. Rainbow64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm A gay man and I find women attractive to look at. The reason I know that I am gay and not straight or even bi is because I have no desire at all to have sex with a woman or even a romantic relationship. For me those attractions are only for men.

5. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Look at all the gay men in the women's fashion industry.
    Women can be beautiful, sensual, alluring and even sexy.

AnxiousReader likes this.
  6. AnxiousReader

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The distinction between these two things is a huge part of why I still question my sexuality lol. I can find men very attractive physically. I’ve seen many men I thought were beautiful or had nice features. However, when it comes to actually wanting to be in a relationship with a man and all that that entails, I don’t know if I’m actually attracted to them irl. So I’ve been wondering for a while now if I’m actually gay instead of bi.

JT1999 and Searching2022 like this.
  7. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find women attractive, but I don't get aroused or sexually fantasize about women.
    When I was in denial or confused, it is because I consciously wanted to be attracted and in a relationship with women, but the unconscious natural impulses just weren't there. When it came to natural sexual arousal, it was always about men.

AnxiousReader likes this.
  8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a lesbian. When it comes to men, I can see when they are attractive. Although yes, beauty can be subjective. I think that I have a good eye for men's fashion. Sometimes I help my male friends pick out an outfit for their dates.

However, I've never wanted to kiss a guy. I've never felt that sense of warm fuzziness that makes you want to stay with them. To hold their hand and forget about the world momentarily. I more so just feel indifferent.

9. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me, being in a relationship with a guy feels just right. I’ve never been in a long term relationship with a woman and haven’t ever wanted to, but I do think the chemistry, physical desire and those feelings of intense closeness that I get with women is a lot stronger. I’m more drawn by the female body, it is far more erotic and sexy than men. The male body I’m probably more jealous of than anything else, I love how strong and capable men are and I think that’s what I find sexiest about men, especially a guy in peak condition. I also love that mental conflict between the idea of being with someone who is so much bigger and more powerful than you, they could do anything they wanted and you wouldn’t have a hope of stopping them, and yet at the same time you feel more protected and safe than ever.

Searching2022 likes this.